News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Oddities, defects, faults - things wrong with NX vehicles (Reports Only/No Comments)

Started by Ashley 60171, January 16, 2016, 11:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartosz

I saw 4493 drive past me near City Hospital and I think the engine compartment was open.

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 16, 2016, 11:15:03 PMThis thread is for reporting 'oddities' with NX Bus vehicles - defects, equipment faults, missing branding etc.

Please include the vehicle fleetnumber, this thread is monitored by NX Bus and reported 'oddities' will be noted and corrected.

Irrelevant posts will be removed by moderators to keep the thread 'tidy'.
A polite note to all members from the original opening post.

Any 'chit-chat' posts, or those 'arguing' or commenting will be removed.

This topic is not for general opinions, but for reporting actual facts and observations.

Thank you all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

6970 has no working announcements says it on screen but doesn't say them same with 6977

Wumpty

PN4753 has two heavily scuffed/weathered lower skirt panels.

One NSF aft of the doors, the other OSR ahead of the bask wheels - all other panels appear normal.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Coventrybususer95

E76 no NSA visual or audio working and all 3 screens are off
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 10, 2023, 10:14:10 AMCv2176 has a damaged rear led/ flip dot display

2155, 2161 rear LED displays also don't work at all, just black.

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 20, 2023, 09:56:34 AME52 has no announcements and screen is stuck showing "national express Coventry"

It is probably worth pointing out here that the next-stop announcements ("NSA") will only work when those vehicles with such equipment installed are operating on routes for which NSAs have been programmed/available.

For example, at Yardley Wood garage, it would seem that NSA only works on the 2, 3, 6 and 50 services. (I don't know about the 35 as I haven't travelled on that recently). Certainly I've not heard/seen any Platinum/Electric have working NSAs on the 18, 49 or 76 services that I've travelled on. (They either show a blank display, or just 'National Express West Midlands' when on those routes).

So when reporting non-functional NSAs, it helps to also mention the route, as well as the vehicle fleet number.

My locals:

Danthebusman

Coventrybususer95

Not sure if this this the right thread but 2162s tracking system is saying it's in Europe again  todays she's on the 20's yesterday it was the 17's

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 15, 2023, 09:38:46 AMNot sure if this this the right thread but 2162s tracking system is saying it's in Europe again  todays she's on the 20's yesterday it was the 17's
It's sorted itself out now

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on September 18, 2022, 08:35:27 PM6873 rear display wasn't working, noticed this morning on Pershore Road in Cotteridge.
6873's rear display has now been taken out completely. It's on the 23/24s today

Also it's missing its tree deflector
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

4494 on the 4 - showed correct route and destination (4 Solihull Station) on the front and side displays, but just showing '0' on the rear one.

My locals:

Wumpty

WN431's offside fleetname above cab window shows "National Express West", with the "Midlands" part missing from directly above cab window.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk