News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X529

Started by bwsau cymru, August 25, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

X529 a is a great idea I personally think, running it limited stop from Walsall to j10, then along black country express way to Portabello island then limited stop into Wolverhampton! if I was to start a bus company this would be my first route I would start on!
campaigning for better transport for all

Trident 4609

Quote from: dannygill on August 25, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
X529 a is a great idea I personally think, running it limited stop from Walsall to j10, then along black country express way to Portabello island then limited stop into Wolverhampton! if I was to start a bus company this would be my first route I would start on!

This i think has been discussed on here before and the conclusion was it wouldn't work as at peak times its actually quicker to take the 529 route than down the Black Country route.

Plus WN don't really have enough buses to operate another route

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 25, 2013, 09:23:24 PM

This i think has been discussed on here before and the conclusion was it wouldn't work as at peak times its actually quicker to take the 529 route than down the Black Country route.

It could be run PVR 2 and the 529 PVR -1 so WN only need 1  extra bus which could even be a B6LE.

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on August 25, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

It could be run PVR 2 and the 529 PVR -1 so WN only need 1  extra bus which could even be a B6LE.

PVR 2 so need one extra bus? - launch a new route with a B6? - don't think so!

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on August 25, 2013, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on August 25, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

PVR 2 so need one extra bus? - launch a new route with a B6? - don't think so!

Everyday there are Tridents on the 11 which are more suited to a B6LE, so the Trident can go on the 529.

Not as thick as you think.

bwsau cymru

I just think there is a gap for it!
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Wouldnt buses get held up on the approach to junc10 as well? 529 doesnt generally take all that long does it anyway?

Trident 4609

Tbh if there was room for a X529 or any other express/Limited stop WN route i think it would have been done same goes for an Express 126 or 255. At peak times it wouldn't be much quicker as the 529 route and the keyway/Black Country route become clogged with traffic.

The 529 doesn't really take that long anyway to get from Wolverhampton-Walsall

Bob

There used to be a 926 years ago. And the x1 was a total flop werent it? Plus it wasnt all that much quicker than the other wolves to merry hill routes and they used bloody mercs lol

Sh4318

As Nathan as said, I can't see there being demand for it. There was a regular direct train service between Wolverhampton and Walsall (calling at these stations only) in 2008, but it got cancelled due to low passenger usage. Hopefully in 2017, when the new franchise takes over from London Midland (god forbid their franchise gets extended again) it can be re-introduced
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Really do hope the train gets reintroduced, takes what half the time of the 529?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2013, 11:30:50 PM
Really do hope the train gets reintroduced, takes what half the time of the 529?

The Saturday morning parly takes 12 minutes. Leaving Wolverhampton at 06:38 and arriving in Walsall at 06:50, so it takes almost 1/3 of the time of the 529
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JPC

The 966 service covered Walsall - Wolverhampton in it's early years (late 80s/early 90s), I think it followed the 529 route under limited stopping??, so it seems such a bus service has already been tried out.

Kevin

Quote from: Sh4166 on August 25, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2013, 11:30:50 PM

The Saturday morning parly takes 12 minutes. Leaving Wolverhampton at 06:38 and arriving in Walsall at 06:50, so it takes almost 1/3 of the time of the 529

Ok, so if some stations were added along the way (Willenhall, Darlaston) then still under half the time of the 529. Still cannot believe they haven't introduced a decent train service
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

I tried catching the train from Walsall to Telford once.

The 'direct' train was cancelled so they told us to catch the train via Birmingham.

On the way back, direct train cancelled again, so caught train as far as Wolves.

Funny thing was, at Wolves, there was a train advertised to Walsall, which never turned up, so caught bus back to Walsall.

And they wonder why no one caught the service!

Did it ever run as advertised?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk