News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X529

Started by bwsau cymru, August 25, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Personally X numbered services should be confined to The Likes of the X51/X56/9xx services

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

If they ever ran it ( doubtful) , X529 sounds abit daft, 929 would be better

Quote from: Nathan on August 25, 2013, 10:58:38 PM
Tbh if there was room for a X529 or any other express/Limited stop WN route i think it would have been done same goes for an Express 126 or 255. At peak times it wouldn't be much quicker as the 529 route and the keyway/Black Country route become clogged with traffic.

The 529 doesn't really take that long anyway to get from Wolverhampton-Walsall

There has been recently an X529 it was called the 529 run by Travel Express but is now an 'EX' 529 as in they used to run it  :D

TBH the route really is in 2 parts where most passengers get on or off Wton - Willenhall, Willenhall - Wton, running time approx 20mins each way, only 40 mins one end to the other..Verdict an X529 would not be much quicker whichever route it did and would not be profitable and will never be done  :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Steve6544

Quote from: Nathan on August 25, 2013, 09:23:24 PM
Quote from: dannygill on August 25, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
X529 a is a great idea I personally think, running it limited stop from Walsall to j10, then along black country express way to Portabello island then limited stop into Wolverhampton! if I was to start a bus company this would be my first route I would start on!

This i think has been discussed on here before and the conclusion was it wouldn't work as at peak times its actually quicker to take the 529 route than down the Black Country route.

Plus WN don't really have enough buses to operate another route

Would it work at pensnett even though it's a wn route as pensnett have quite a lot of busses

Trident 4609

Are you having a laugh?  Why would you operate the X529 (Even though it wouldn't work anyway imo) from PE. You have to think how much dead mileage there would be

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on April 13, 2014, 08:51:29 PM
Are you having a laugh?  Why would you operate the X529 (Even though it wouldn't work anyway) from PE. You have to think how much dead mileage there would be

There was the equivelent of an X529 for a few years from 1986, and it has been looked at again in the last couple of years. No reason why it couldn't work

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on April 13, 2014, 08:53:13 PM
Are you having a laugh?  Why would you operate the X529 (Even though it wouldn't work anyway) from PE. You have to think how much dead mileage there would be

There was the equivelent of an X529 for a few years from 1986, and it has been looked at again in the last couple of years. No reason why it couldn't work

I suppose it could use the Black Country Route and The Keyway? Anyway the point I'm trying to make is what would be the point of operating it from PE?  There would be lots of dead mileage involved

Stuharris 6360

I think the days of the X route are dead now, i know we have the X96 but that isn't an X route anymore, they just can't be bothered to renumber it.

Traffic conditions these days means that  Limited Stop services struggle to be much quicker than the normal service.

we saw what a flop the X1 was, it was limited stop for such a small percentage of the route and didn't even follow the 1 for parts of the .
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 13, 2014, 10:01:48 PM
I think the days of the X route are dead now, i know we have the X96 but that isn't an X route anymore, they just can't be bothered to renumber it.

Traffic conditions these days means that  Limited Stop services struggle to be much quicker than the normal service.

we saw what a flop the X1 was, it was limited stop for such a small percentage of the route and didn't even follow the 1 for parts of the .

I do still think there is capacity for an X9, limited stop along the Hagley Road, expressway then stopping all stops after Halesowen

Steve6544

Quote from: Matt on April 14, 2014, 08:29:30 AM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 13, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

I do still think there is capacity for an X9, limited stop along the Hagley Road, expressway then stopping all stops after Halesowen

Good idea as it is a waste of time stopping evrey stop after Halesowen

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on April 13, 2014, 08:57:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 13, 2014, 08:53:13 PM

I suppose it could use the Black Country Route and The Keyway? Anyway the point I'm trying to make is what would be the point of operating it from PE?  There would be lots of dead mileage involved

Couldn't Walsall run it instead?

monkeyjoe

966 used to the express Walsall - Wolverhampton route ages ago from memory. Apologies if already mentioned in this thread not read the whole thing.

Alex

Quote from: Kevin on August 26, 2013, 12:10:09 AM
Quote from: Sh4166 on August 25, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2013, 11:30:50 PM
Really do hope the train gets reintroduced, takes what half the time of the 529?

The Saturday morning parly takes 12 minutes. Leaving Wolverhampton at 06:38 and arriving in Walsall at 06:50, so it takes almost 1/3 of the time of the 529

Ok, so if some stations were added along the way (Willenhall, Darlaston) then still under half the time of the 529. Still cannot believe they haven't introduced a decent train service
That would be easier said than done, Willenhall doesn't have a train station anymore and hasn't since about the late 80's, i think, cause it used to run under the bridge on the 25/28/41 route, and there's no tracks there anymore, because hooligans nicked them
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Tony

Quote from: ARJ2901 on September 30, 2014, 06:28:49 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 26, 2013, 12:10:09 AM
Quote from: Sh4166 on August 25, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 25, 2013, 11:30:50 PM
Really do hope the train gets reintroduced, takes what half the time of the 529?

The Saturday morning parly takes 12 minutes. Leaving Wolverhampton at 06:38 and arriving in Walsall at 06:50, so it takes almost 1/3 of the time of the 529

Ok, so if some stations were added along the way (Willenhall, Darlaston) then still under half the time of the 529. Still cannot believe they haven't introduced a decent train service
That would be easier said than done, Willenhall doesn't have a train station anymore and hasn't since about the late 80's, i think, cause it used to run under the bridge on the 25/28/41 route, and there's no tracks there anymore, because hooligans nicked them

Willenhall Station site still has tracks there, or I hope it does because Deltic D9009 went through there today (photo of it at Walsall on main site later!)

the trainbasher

Isn't that the line that the Walsall to Wolverhampton non stop parly service uses?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk