News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

exactly the info I was told, think it is a complte shut down though . as far as my friends know there is no  one interested  in  the firm my one friend has left and the other one is going on holiday one the 11th and there is no job when he comes back, would not have minded read the article you talked about but unable to get up online
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

I can confirm 163 (Y214 HWJ) is still in Kiddy (as I suspected) just seen it go past my house on Offmore, Kidderminster operating the 833 (Wolverley High School - Chaddesley Corbett) school contract.

Cedric

Quote from: Will on December 04, 2014, 03:41:46 PM
I can confirm 163 (Y214 HWJ) is still in Kiddy (as I suspected) just seen it go past my house on Offmore, Kidderminster operating the 833 (Wolverley High School - Chaddesley Corbett) school contract.
saw it to will and saw it on the 2c this morning . it is still listed on the EYMS site as been transfered from whittle in april,  but on loan  to whittle  now . even thought it is classed as such we know it never left here or if it did just for a very short time before it came back
diamond 8\10/125/292

moley67

Anyone know what is happening to the coach side of the business ?

Cedric

Quote from: moley67 on December 04, 2014, 08:04:57 PM
Anyone know what is happening to the coach side of the business ?
Take a look at post 960 on this board it will give you some idea
it is different  to what I knew
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Will just seen on EYMS  the former 162 that transferred up there in april  , has now been repainted   and renumbered it had been operating in whittles livery
and kept it whittles fleet number now it has the number 334 , which was it's  number original  eyms number
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on December 05, 2014, 02:18:28 PM
Will just seen on EYMS  the former 162 that transferred up there in april  , has now been repainted   and renumbered it had been operating in whittles livery
and kept it whittles fleet number now it has the number 334 , which was it's  number original  eyms number

I've just read that myself how strange! It's taken them until now (December 2014) to decide to re-paint it and re-instate it back in service after it left Kidderminster earlier this year how bizzare

Cedric

Will I  wonder if the  former 161 that went up there will get the same treatment, it did get the front end painted in the  EYMS colours if I remember right , ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on December 05, 2014, 03:22:07 PM
Will I  wonder if the  former 161 that went up there will get the same treatment, it did get the front end painted in the  EYMS colours if I remember right , ?

No as that has been up for sale since at least October and it is now in plain white if you have a look on Flickr you will see it on there in plain white it looks lovely tbh

iamwilljh92

Y214 HWJ on the 833 again just seen it go past my house on Offmore.

Ex BC driver

I heard a rumour about their NX work this morning, only for it to actually be said by the drivers too

BN

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 05, 2014, 05:47:19 PM
I heard a rumour about their NX work this morning, only for it to actually be said by the drivers too

Whose taking it on?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: BN on December 05, 2014, 06:10:05 PM

Whose taking it on?

I heard the same thing apparently everything has been transferred over to NXWM's Walsall garage and it is operating and being based from there

Reece

Quote from: BN on December 05, 2014, 06:10:05 PM

Whose taking it on?

I have been told by a friend of mine that Bennetts Coaches of Gloucester might be taking on one of Whittles NX routes. :)

Cedric

if Bennettts  do take one of the NX routes  think it would more than likely be  this one  444 Worcester-London  as not to far away  the other routes  are
ones the go into north wales
Modify message
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk