News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 16, 1974, 05:02:33 PM
Cityfox bristol limited exists

https://www.duedil.com/company/08143091/cityfox-bristol-limited

Ironically the annual returns are overdue!

No-one is disputing the limited company exists. It costs 100 quid to register one, I run my business as a limited company.

Try finding any records of City Fox running bus services in Bristol or an operator license. Couldn't even find any record of a private hire license(but didn't waste much time looking)......

How many ptofessional businesses show their interests/intentions via Facebook & Twitter???

the trainbasher

I know about setting up limited companies myself as well (my site as per the signature is run through a limited company itself too) but I just thought I'd make it noted that there seems to be a limited company in their name and the outlook for them looks interesting...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

D10

Quote from: Ced on October 13, 2014, 07:06:25 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 13, 2014, 06:49:13 PM
Cityfox bristol limited exists

https://www.duedil.com/company/08143091/cityfox-bristol-limited

Ironically the annual returns are overdue!
just come across this  https://twitter.com/hashtag/kidderminster?f=realtime&src=hash

The Header Photo on Twitter of the person who posted what you are referring to is a picture of a CityFox bus supposedly going over the Mill Pond Bridge in Pembroke in South West Wales.

Quite clearly CityFox do not operate any buses in Pembroke, so how much else of this is pure fantasy as well?  ???

Stu

I'm sure it was established previously that CityFox is a fantasy company, created for a university project.

We went through all this before when they claimed they had taken over Claribels. They will not be acquiring Whittles, not in 'real-life' anyway.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

111 Roughley

Looking at the Webcheck facility at the Companies House website, the status of Cityfox Bristol Limited (Company No 08143091) is Active - Proposal to Strike Off.
I suppose this very public way of selling Whittles is required for employee consultation reasons because it might actually just close down, but all the publicity will be doing the coach side no good because people won't book and employees will start jumping ship. If only it could have been done with a few discreet feelers to likely buyers.

Cedric

might I make a suggestion the md of city fox is now a member of this forum ,  I might be nice for him to post on
here.  what the city fox group is about  and what  companies  they have and his plans for whittles in the future if
they are luck enough. to be the buyers and to answer members question, in the general discussion section  so
city fox md it over to you
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Ced on October 14, 2014, 09:45:32 AM
might I make a suggestion the md of city fox is now a member of this forum ,  I might be nice for him to post on
here.  what the city fox group is about  and what  companies  they have and his plans for whittles in the future if
they are luck enough. to be the buyers and to answer members question, in the general discussion section  so

We'll may be someone could try to contact him via his Twitter page and ask him if he would answer some questions about his company on this site?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Ced on October 14, 2014, 09:45:32 AM

Oh, please do. I'm in desperate need of a good laugh!

Reece

This was just put on CityFox Group twitter page. Something about they are looking for a general manager at Kidderminster.

http://t.co/lvuSN0DBjM

Reece

This tweet had now been removed from their twitter page.

111 Roughley

Quote from: LM 172 on October 14, 2014, 05:10:25 PM
This tweet had now been removed from their twitter page.
It would appear they haven't bought it then!
I've just been looking on Streetview at the registered office of the company: Top Floor 49 Hanham Road Kingswood Bristol BS15 8PY. From the numbers of other properties, 49 appears to be the Kingswood Café, and there's definitely a window in the roof. Obviously a modest office.

StourportSam

Quote from: 111 Roughley on October 13, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
You folk at Kiddy have yet to meet Diamond where they have no competition. See Redditch.

And 'you folk' are quite wrong. My journeys on the 3 have become quite problematic since a lack of competition from Whittle. The phrase not really bothered comes to mind.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2014, 04:16:31 PM
In Kidderminster, services previously every 10 mins were down to every 30 mins and so there was far more potential there I would have thought.

Which ones are you referring to?

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on October 14, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on October 13, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
You folk at Kiddy have yet to meet Diamond where they have no competition. See Redditch.

And 'you folk' are quite wrong. My journeys on the 3 have become quite problematic since a lack of competition from Whittle. The phrase not really bothered comes to mind.

They do still have competition on the 3 though in the form of the 2C. Are you saying that the 2A/C have failed to take off and really compete with Diamond?

Well the whole of the Kidderminster town network really. In Redditch, the 51/5/6/7/8 had always stayed frequent. In Kidderminster, frequencies on the 2 and even 3 had been reduced in recent years. Wyre Forest Shuttle services many years ago were far more frequent, admittedly using smaller buses, many at every 10 mins.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk