News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:37:20 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:22:58 PM
I have been told by a source that EYMS is selling Whittle for £385,000 I am not willing to reveal who told me this information.

Are you saying that a sale has been agreed for £385k or the asking price is £385k?

That's the asking price..

That doesn't sound bad at all, depends what's included vehicle wise and obviously the depot isn't owned etc

Cedric

I have been told by a source that EYMS is selling Whittle for £385,000 I am not willing to reveal who told me this information.

Are you saying that a sale has been agreed for £385k or the asking price is £385k?
will  are you sure your source info is accrute  and I know you say you will not name them , but can you just answer me this is your source from Whittles or EYMS  and is that for the whole company or is the bus side and coach side being split.  if as you say whittle is being sold for that amount has the deal been done then
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on October 10, 2014, 10:40:47 PM

will  are you sure your source info is accrute  and I know you say you will not name them , but can you just answer me this is your source from Whittles or EYMS

Peter Shipp himself...but my source has spoken with him

Cedric

Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

will  are you sure your source info is accrute  and I know you say you will not name them , but can you just answer me this is your source from Whittles or EYMS

Peter Shipp himself...but my source has spoken with him. 

think your source  could be at  whittles a  Mr D Shipp who is his son
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

A few more other company's that could may be buy some or part of Whittles are...

Minsterley Motors
Celtic Travel
Elcock Reisen

Tony

Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Peter Shipp himself...but my source has spoken with him

I have never known an asking price as specific as that, because any company knows asking prices are guidelines and so someone then makes an offer and negotiations then settle the selling price. That is why asking prices will normally say c£400,000 not a specific figure

Cheese

Quote from: LM 172 on October 11, 2014, 03:31:43 PM
A few more other company's that could may be buy some or part of Whittles are...

Minsterley Motors
Celtic Travel
Elcock Reisen

A friend of mine mentioned the company behind King Long could be interested, having recently taken over Bakers of Biddulph and Tates of Barnsley, I could see Whittles fitting in. Bakers have a coaching operation like Whittles, although don't believe either do Nat Ex work.

iamwilljh92

I mentioned the other day that I have a source well my source has asked me if another operator took them over which it looks possible what colour scheme would people like to see the vehicles re-painted in? Give me ideas folks!!

Reece

Quote from: Will on October 11, 2014, 08:50:07 PM
I mentioned the other day that I have a source well my source has asked me if another operator took them over which it looks possible what colour scheme would people like to see the vehicles re-painted in? Give me ideas folks!!

I like the Whittle colours as they are why change them.

winston

Allover blue :P

It will be interesting to see how many drivers & engineers Diamond manage to poach from Whittle's during tomorrow's KR recruitment drive. Whether Diamond get Whittle's bus business or not, I would think it is highly likely that KR's depot Pvr will expand & Diamond may well register on Whittle's remaining commercial routes to derail any sale should someone they don't want in KR be interested.

Cedric

the traditional  red and blue scheme. a lot of you would be to young to remember . think your source maybe having you on  will  as if another operator  took over they would either chose there own    livery   or keep the same  colours  .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Ced on October 11, 2014, 10:42:57 PM
the traditional  red and blue scheme. a lot of you would be to young to remember . think your source maybe having you on  will  as if another operator  took over they would either chose there own    livery   or keep the same  colours  .
Will looking on  the internet today especial on in twitter and face book I have found out who you source is  has they openly say they are trying to make a accusation in the Birmingham area .and display a pic of a whittles bus in Kidderminster and there is a converstation on twitter between them and peter ship and the picture  was taken on the 10th the day after they news broke  they are the md of a firm in Bristol if I am right and only in there 20s  Will am I right
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Will looking on  the internet today especial on in twitter and face book I have found out who you source is  has they openly say they are trying to make a accusation in the Birmingham area .and display a pic of a whittles bus in Kidderminster and there is a converstation on twitter between them and peter ship and the picture  was taken on the 10th the day after they news broke  they are the md of a firm in Bristol if I am right and only in there 20s  Will am I right

I am unable to comment on this futher.

Tony

Quote from: Ced on October 12, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

You mean the firm in Bristol that has never had an operator's license who had a picture of a Claribel's bus 'as part of their group'?

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2014, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: Ced on October 12, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

You mean the firm in Bristol that has never had an operator's license who had a picture of a Claribel's bus 'as part of their group'?

Tony, don't knock em... they're going places, they have a brand new Gemini on test and are conducting Whittle takeover talks via Twitter PMSL
https://www.facebook.com/cityfoxltd/photos/pb.589656001048868.-2207520000.1413123845./960451120636019/?type=1&theater

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk