News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

another link  to some more  I have found about sale
http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx?id=8717&categoryid=0
little bit more in this
a press release is now on the whittles website
http://www.whittlecoach.co.uk/index.asp
diamond 8\10/125/292

BN

Quote from: Ced on October 10, 2014, 11:21:12 AM
what National express services do whittles run ?  and  how long is the tender for ?.

545 Pwllheli to London
409 Aberystwyth to London
444 Worcester to London
and it interworks with a single 410 back to Birmingham.

Contracts were awarded for 5 years from 27th June 2011.

Cedric

Quote from: BN on October 10, 2014, 03:47:12 PM
what National express services do whittles run ?  and  how long is the tender for ?.

545 Pwllheli to London
444 Worcester to London

thanks for that .
diamond 8\10/125/292

notepanel

Quote from: Ced on October 10, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: BN on October 10, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

545 Pwllheli to London
444 Worcester to London

thanks for that .

I guess what happens to these depends on how Whittles is purchased. Of course if Diamond takes over, Rotala would end up with NX Contracts again!

If the contracts weren't taken over by the new operator I guess the 410/545 diagram would transfer to Travelstar or DeCourcey (this board starts/ends in Birmingham/Walsall).

There is then a 444 diagram and a 444/409 diagram - in theory the dead mileage to Worcester is no different to the dead mileage to Stratford some DeCourcey vehicles currently take some a Birmingham based operator could take over the routes, alternatively I guess Yeomans is the nearest current operator? 

Reece

This is my opinion of who I think might buy Whittles or at least part of it.

Could Buy just Whittles Coaches

Woodstones Coaches of Kidderminster
Astons Coaches
Hardings Coaches
Johnsons Coaches

Could Buy just Whittles Buses

Central Buses
Arriva
Diamond bus
Hansons bus

Could Buy both Whittle Coaches and Buses

Claribels Coaches of Birmingham
RATP Group
Management Buy Out
Ron Whittle

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on October 10, 2014, 05:44:33 PM

Quote from: LM 172 on October 10, 2014, 05:44:33 PM

Astons Coaches
Hardings Coaches
Johnsons Coaches

Central Buses
Arriva
Diamond bus
Hansons bus

RATP Group
Management Buy Out
Ron Whittle

Astons Coaches
Hardings Coaches
Johnsons Coaches

Central Buses
Arriva
Diamond bus
Hansons bus

RATP Group
Management Buy Out
Ron Whittle

Woodstones are  to small  to but whittles  coach side
hardings of droitwich     would be my favourite has  I have seen them doing private hire in Kidderminster
Management buyout for the bus side is a no go  I think as the manager is a mr d ship
diamond would be my favourite .
diamond 8\10/125/292

j789

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2014, 09:51:17 AM
Bringing back the 'Midland Red' fleetname would be a good idea, although I'm not sure if anyone owns any rights to it?

First Midland Red Buses (operating name on legal address) may have something to say about that in Worcestershire!!!! Kidderminster is just not big enough for 2 operators to make a profit, I would seriously doubt at the moment if Diamond are making any real profit there either. If one operator could buyout the other than it would be a decent operation but always at risk of new competition, so it is hardly going to spark a bidding war!

winston

Quote from: Ced on October 10, 2014, 07:53:31 PM
diamond would be my favourite .

And maybe by using means other than cash to force EYMS down the closure route:

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/RecruitmentOpenDay_269.html

Quote from: j789 on October 10, 2014, 08:05:45 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2014, 09:51:17 AM
Bringing back the 'Midland Red' fleetname would be a good idea, although I'm not sure if anyone owns any rights to it?

First Midland Red Buses (operating name on legal address) may have something to say about that in Worcestershire!!!! Kidderminster is just not big enough for 2 operators to make a profit, I would seriously doubt at the moment if Diamond are making any real profit there either. If one operator could buyout the other than it would be a decent operation but always at risk of new competition, so it is hardly going to spark a bidding war!

It's only the limited company name!!!! The trading name on VOSA is 'First Midland Red' but First call it 'Wyvern' Unless 'Midland Red' is a registered trading name of First, there may not be anything to stop anyone else using it.

the trainbasher

"Midland Red" name is trademarked to Stagecoach

the MRW logo is trademarked to First Group Holding Limited (http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00001357146) but the name "Midland Red West" is no longer trademarked.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

j789

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2014, 08:30:48 PM
"Midland Red" name is trademarked to Stagecoach

the MRW logo is trademarked to First Group Holding Limited (http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00001357146) but the name "Midland Red West" is no longer trademarked.

Fair enough but reputation also holds sway legally so another company could not just start in the same area with a similar name as you could argue that they were using that other companies reputation to gain custom. I don't think any company would be that daft as they would be involved in a law suit pretty quickly.

Reece

I think the best out come for Whittles would for Ron Whittle to buy the business back.

iamwilljh92

I have been told by a source that EYMS is selling Whittle for £385,000 I am not willing to reveal who told me this information.

winston

Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:22:58 PM
I have been told by a source that EYMS is selling Whittle for £385,000 I am not willing to reveal who told me this information.

Are you saying that a sale has been agreed for £385k or the asking price is £385k?

the trainbasher

Damn...I was going to get my cheque book out :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: Will on October 10, 2014, 10:22:58 PM

Are you saying that a sale has been agreed for £385k or the asking price is £385k?

That's the asking price..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk