News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

A1 Wolverhampton - Amazon

Started by tphi12000, October 19, 2012, 09:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2015, 06:30:48 PM
They leave Erdington to Rugeley at 06:45 & 17:45
Thanks @Tony
What time do they arrive back in Erdington plus dose anyone know the route it will take?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MrBevan2000

Quote from: 2206 on September 03, 2015, 06:32:48 PM
Thanks @Tony
What time do they arrive back in Erdington plus dose anyone know the route it will take?
I've seen it in Kingstanding around 7:00. So I assume the same as Central's 88/89 to Kingstanding. Dunno after that.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on September 03, 2015, 08:10:22 PM
I've seen it in Kingstanding around 7:00. So I assume the same as Central's 88/89 to Kingstanding. Dunno after that.

Remember it is a brand new contract this year, so may not follow the same route It is set so that it pick up as many of the agency staff as possible. I haven't seen the route yet, so cannot answer that question. I was asked to drive the first one tomorrow, but it is my daughters graduation ceremony at University, so am otherwise engaged! It will be a BC bus tomorrow.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2015, 08:13:35 PM
Remember it is a brand new contract this year, so may not follow the same route It is set so that it pick up as many of the agency staff as possible. I haven't seen the route yet, so cannot answer that question. I was asked to drive the first one tomorrow, but it is my daughters graduation ceremony at University, so am otherwise engaged! It will be a BC bus tomorrow.

Being 1 of those people, I'm extremely thankful NX got the contract as I was about to purchase a railcard as well
Tony after having my Graduation Ceremony today, you'll enjoy it and be a proud parent and I hope to see you driving 1 of the buses.

PS does anyone know which bus will be allocated this contract ?! I'm assuming decker, maybe Any of the 2 B7TLs
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 03, 2015, 08:59:05 PM
Being 1 of those people, I'm extremely thankful NX got the contract as I was about to purchase a railcard as well
Tony after having my Graduation Ceremony today, you'll enjoy it and be a proud parent and I hope to see you driving 1 of the buses.

PS does anyone know which bus will be allocated this contract ?! I'm assuming decker, maybe Any of the 2 B7TLs

BC haven't got any B7TLs!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2015, 10:07:01 PM
BC haven't got any B7TLs!

My bad, I thought PB was doing these runs, I'm used to BCs Tridents so I'll happily take 1 !

Bob

Did Arriva put in for the contract this year?

Which stop in Erdington will the amazon service use?
Thanks in advance
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

GeminiFan1991

I rang National Express and the woman on the other side stated she had no knowledge of an Erdington to Rugeley bus route and that National Express dont operate the route.......... !!

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 08, 2015, 11:51:02 AM
I rang National Express and the woman on the other side stated she had no knowledge of an Erdington to Rugeley bus route and that National Express dont operate the route.......... !!

Try ringing NXWM instead.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on September 08, 2015, 12:54:49 PM
Try ringing NXWM instead.

Apologies, I did ring them and I went to enquire aboit a route and she didn't recognise it and stated NXWM dont do any routes which go to Rugeley

winston

PD0001111/740 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall to Rugeley Amazon. and Walsall to Rugeley Amazon. given service number A51 effective from 20-Sep-2015.

PD0001111/738 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
        Registration Accepted by SN
        Starting Point: Wolverhampton to Rugeley Amazon
        Finish Point: Wolverhampton to Rugeley Amazon
        Via: Bilston, Willenhall and Cannock
        Service Number: A5
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 07-SEP-2015
        Other Details: New Service

PD0001111/746 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
        Registration Accepted by SN
        Starting Point: Amazon Depot, Rugeley
        Finish Point: Erdington
        Via: Kingstanding
        Service Number: A52
        Service Type: School or Works
        Effective Date: 07-SEP-2015
        Other Details: New Service

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 08, 2015, 01:05:32 PM
Apologies, I did ring them and I went to enquire aboit a route and she didn't recognise it and stated NXWM dont do any routes which go to Rugeley

It's not a public service route, so that's why she probably has no information on it. It's a works service operated under contract to Amazon.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 10, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
It's not a public service route, so that's why she probably has no information on it. It's a works service operated under contract to Amazon.

It is a registered service, so if you find it you can catch it, and it is not under contract to Amazon

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2015, 06:38:23 PM
It is a registered service, so if you find it you can catch it, and it is not under contract to Amazon

Oh ok my mistake, well it's not a 'regular' public service then!  :D Fares are different too aren't they? Amazon must have some involvement though, some kind of tender?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk