News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

foot or finger door controls.

Started by suavegarv, October 17, 2012, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

Recently, I've been on some Acocks Green Omnilinks and Wright Eclipse Gemini's that have foot controlled doors. Have they been converted from push button controls? I'm also sure that I may have been on an odd President with foot door buttton as well.

Tony

Metrobuses and fleetlines and the scanias all had foot controls only, since then every thing has been button. Everything since the 57 plate Eclipse have had both

BU07 LGO

MW

Ex pensnett driver

DC3

Most of the 53 & 54 Geminis had both, but they did start taking the foot pedals out.

SK68MEV

some of that platinums must have them as drivers can open the doors without pressing them button
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Dom

Quote from: SK68MEV on May 09, 2021, 07:54:19 PM
some of that platinums must have them as drivers can open the doors without pressing them button

A near 9 year old topic. For that comment. Really!??

PB2938

Leyland lynx was the 1st I'd noticed with open/close buttons goes back to 1989/1990
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Tony

Quote from: PB2938 on May 10, 2021, 05:01:15 PM
Leyland lynx was the 1st I'd noticed with open/close buttons goes back to 1989/1990

Leyland Nationals were buttons as well

Westy

Is there something 'special ' about the Streetdeck controls, as (I assume), the driver that came off  3303 around 430pm & went back on a 32 to the depot, informed his colleague that he had trouble closing the doors!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 11, 2021, 10:06:50 PM
Is there something 'special ' about the Streetdeck controls, as (I assume), the driver that came off  3303 around 430pm & went back on a 32 to the depot, informed his colleague that he had trouble closing the doors!

Door buttons don't work with the handbrake off

B.C Driver

Much preferred the foot pedal on the Metros and 32xx Scanias as it was metal, the foot pedal on the 32xx Scanias was the best as you could hold it down to the floor to prevent passengers letting themselves off and on.

The Enviros have them, but its a plastic foot pedal and feels cumbersome.

I wish bus manufactures would have an overide button like the Tridents have to stop people letting themselves off.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SK68MEV

Quote from: B.C Driver on May 19, 2021, 12:18:16 PM
Much preferred the foot pedal on the Metros and 32xx Scanias as it was metal, the foot pedal on the 32xx Scanias was the best as you could hold it down to the floor to prevent passengers letting themselves off and on.

The Enviros have them, but its a plastic foot pedal and feels cumbersome.

I wish bus manufactures would have an overide button like the Tridents have to stop people letting themselves off.
do some of the mmc have foot controls too as it still doesnt make sense to me his the driver lut the handbrake on and doors open
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Bus Spotter Ben

6855-7541 don't seem to have them for some reason. Maybe NX didn't spec them on the order?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk