News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

the new 30201

Started by Ash, October 16, 2012, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Has anyone saw the newly replaced 30201 cadet as it's been noted to have been purhcased by Rotala for diamond but I have not seen it in service yet. I just wondered if its still being prepared to enter service.

Isle of Stroma

Not bothered looking for it - but i did see the old 30201 today....

PM

Quote from: NEL111P on October 17, 2012, 08:15:46 PM
Not bothered looking for it - but i did see the old 30201 today....

Where was the old 30201??

Ash

The new 30201 was on the 404E today, very smart inside same interior as what as 30213 has with the same seat coverings. The engine sounded terrible was making a right racketing noise every time it accelerated and hour later saw it again and it was parked up broken down with the rear engine cover open.

PM

Sounds like theyve bought a bit of a shed... :P

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on October 23, 2012, 07:40:17 PM

Power wise it seemed quite powerful just had that awful noise when accelerating but the interior is spotless for now.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Peter123 on October 23, 2012, 07:40:17 PM

Are you suprized??? Look at the standard of buses coming in to rotala those 02 reg solos are utterly dreadful!! Makes vip look better than rotala with buses like those!!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

The preston 52 reg solo's are not bad buses have quite a bit of power in them not so keen on the 03 reg ones, there not bad buses if allocated to routes that suit them. 5 or more have been on the 404E the past two days only saw 30218 on the 404E today which was a full size single decker. When i see services like the 326 they seem to have the old darts although old have the capacity certain services need. I was on the 404E yesterday and got on at Stone Cross at around 11:30 the solo was absolutely rammed by the time we go to the Fullbrook we was actually leaving passengers behind at stops luckily a cadet was right behing with a NXWM omnilink. Solo's are not suited to the 404E and with the Sandwell review and if the cadets get sold and if the rumours are true the versa's are going to go with the 16 service I cant see it getting any better as then the centro's will go back to the 56 and the 4H will end up with solo's are old red and white darts.

bwsau cymru

Its just stupid!!! What I see as one of there most sucsessful routes they are going to destroy if passengers are expecting stupid mini buses to turn up full with no room. As much as I hate to say this iv got to agree some of the bigger darts would be better suited to the 404, its by far a solo route!

Ash

Blue diamond seems to be going near enough all solo operation now when i go past long acre on the train the amount of darts withdrawn and parked up its suprising and some not as old as the ones in operation with black diamond now. They could be refurbished smartened up  and given a smart branding and surely see a few more years of service.

bwsau cymru

Agree with you again ash! I wouldnt say im a fan of solos but I think they suit some routes. But the early versions are utterly dreadful and if they got more of the ones like from newport and put them on smaller routes I would be happy but just not on the 404. And I agree about the darts I go past blue diamond everyday on train for work and since the buses have come off the 37 & 97 its like a dart grave yard. And the x reg ones arent that bad and other and I agree a big refurb and be quite smartbut only if they got rid of those dreadful urban 90 sests.  Only thing I do like about the 02 reg solos is that they do look half decent inside rather have dartd look like that and not have the solos!

Tony

I finally managed to point my camera at the new 30201 today http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/30201a.html

Ash

30201 was also out on the 644 this evening

tank90

It was on the 54 today and there was an asureing plume of diesel coming out of the exhuast pipe for a 55 reg when it was accelerating. Why did they buy this bus???
Were they smoking something when they bought it or was it bought without a viewing because it needs a new engine.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Quote from: tank90 on November 02, 2012, 06:24:43 PM
It was on the 54 today and there was an asureing plume of diesel coming out of the exhuast pipe for a 55 reg when it was accelerating. Why did they buy this bus???
Were they smoking something when they bought it or was it bought without a viewing because it needs a new engine.

I thought exactly the same i saw it on the 54 around 5pm around Smethwick and the smoke coming out of it was not right and leaving an awful smell behind. I was on this the first day it was in operation with black diamond and it was making an awful engine noise and eventually broke down later in the day, not a good bus by the looks of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk