News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hill Top Garage

Started by mike1991, April 11, 2012, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

I look forward to see their first commercial route. I think they'd do alright on the 404.

Bob

They oughta stick a route on between Cannock & Merry Hill, Chase Buses did one years ago it was quite successful!

Ash

Quote from: Michael on July 05, 2012, 11:25:45 PM
I look forward to see their first commercial route. I think they'd do alright on the 404.

The 404 is saturated enough with NXWM and Diamond operating at a 6 minute frequency. I doubt there would be any room for arriva between West Bromwich and Walsall part of the route.

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 06, 2012, 02:20:41 AM
They oughta stick a route on between Cannock & Merry Hill, Chase Buses did one years ago it was quite successful!
They would need better buses bob like me you hate the Darts and going on what other buses they are getting darts are the only things they seem to have some knackered and some scrap.

Bob

i got the half 11 bus home from stafford last night and it was one of the FK52 reg pair at Cannock, with the ISB engines which are slightly better i would say than the older ones but jesus when idling the whole bus shook and vibrated it was horrific! and did nothing but bang and rattle when moving

Discodave

They were great when cannock first had them and had got worst one of the engines seized when i was there found to have no oil in at all so much for inspections 

Bob

Mostly theyre not big enough for cannock daytime routes except maybe the 68

PaddyGraham

Does anyone know if the vehicles at Hilltop depot,West Bromwich are visible without going on Arriva premises.Are they undercover or in a covered depot.Can you walk on to the industrial estate without any problems? Replies gratefully received,Paddy

fleetline6477

The Hill Top depot is housed in part of an industrial unit that was used by Pete's Travel. I assume Arriva are just leasing the units and with that comes access via the tarmaced area. The undercover units has capacity for 60 vehicles or so so all the buses are kept inside. The shutters are down most of the time when buses are not due in or out.

cheshire exile

I apologise if I am going over old ground but can anyone out there help me with the routes that the 11 E200s 2140 - 2150 based at Hill Top work. I know the evening/Sunday workings are quite different from the weekday and Saturday daytime routes.

Looking at Tony's pictures of these buses they appear to work daytimes 23 Walsall, 213/4, 217, 223, 327 and 604. And on Sundays/evenings work 82 Dudley, 208, 213, 257 and 545.

Are there any other routes that they work? How about 530 Sundays, 142 Stourbridge Sundays, 334 during the week ( PVR 4 for this according to the Centro timetable ) and 335 Walsall? If not Hill Top who works these routes?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

notepanel

The 334 is a Midland route, operated from Wednesfield. The 335 is run by Cannock, I'm tempted to say at least on Sundays this is interworked with the 2. The 530 on Sunday evenings at least is operated by Cannock, I've not seen the earlier journeys though. Not sure about the 142 either sorry! Even without closing any depots, there are several routes they could surely now transfer between Cannock, Wednesfield & Hill Top. 

covlad27

The 335 is run by Cannock every evening and all day sunday and bank holiday.  The 530 is run by Hill top mon to sat evenings and by Cannock all day Sunday.  I hope this helps

the trainbasher

142 is a Bridgenorth duty. Seen their Versas on it

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Discodave

Quote from: notepanel on February 14, 2013, 04:24:55 PM
The 334 is a Midland route, operated from Wednesfield. The 335 is run by Cannock, I'm tempted to say at least on Sundays this is interworked with the 2. The 530 on Sunday evenings at least is operated by Cannock, I've not seen the earlier journeys though. Not sure about the 142 either sorry! Even without closing any depots, there are several routes they could surely now transfer between Cannock, Wednesfield & Hill Top.

how is the 335 worked with the 2 no turn around about 4 mins if lucky plus needs to loop the station to get back in to start the 8a would make more sense if the times are close to work with

covlad27

The 335 is not worked with the 2, the driver who does the 335 is on there all evening

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk