News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

A 69 Sunday service

Started by Trident 4609, September 30, 2012, 09:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I think there should be a 69E service on a sunday. Then people would get a extra NXWM link to new invention from walsall on a sunday. There is only a hourly 89 on a sunday that links walsall with new invention(there is the diamond 41 but that takes forever and so does the 89). They could operate it from walsall-new invention or coppice farm. coppice farm doesn't have a bus service on a sunday so then there will be a link between Coppice farm and walsall. They could operate it hourly with a just 1 B6LE. This was just a quick thought so tell me what you think.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Trident 4609 on September 30, 2012, 09:04:10 PM
I think there should be a 69E service on a sunday. Then people would get a extra NXWM link to new invention from walsall on a sunday. There is only a hourly 89 on a sunday that links walsall with new invention(there is the diamond 41 but that takes forever and so does the 89). They could operate it from walsall-new invention or coppice farm. coppice farm doesn't have a bus service on a sunday so then there will be a link between Coppice farm and walsall. They could operate it hourly with a just 1 B6LE. This was just a quick thought so tell me what you think.

The 41 does not take for ever between New Invention and Walsall. Journey time is 19 minutes. I cannot see the 69 running along its Monday to Friday route much quicker between New Invention and Walsall even on a Sunday.

Nathan4775

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 30, 2012, 10:16:30 PM

The 41 does not take for ever between New Invention and Walsall. Journey time is 19 minutes. I cannot see the 69 running along its Monday to Friday route much quicker between New Invention and Walsall even on a Sunday.

Or they could just Inroduce an half hourly service on the 89
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Trident 4609

Quote from: NathanJC on October 01, 2012, 10:42:06 AM

Can't really see the 89 operating the same frequency on a sunday Mon-sat daytimes

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4609 on October 01, 2012, 06:43:39 PM

Can't really see the 89 operating the same frequency on a sunday Mon-sat daytimes

The 560 used to operate on the opposite half hour & thats been withdrawn.

Westy

By the way, has an evening & Sunday service ever operated to Allens Rough in New Invention in the past?

I don't remember one!

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on October 01, 2012, 06:43:39 PM

I think as the 89 already runs on a Sunday anyways it would make more sense for them to introduce a Half hourly service, becuase if they introduce a 69 theres always the possibility of it being a 69E and running as far as New Invention ?. 
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Discodave

The 89 is busy druing the day but not enough to justify a 1/2 hour sunday service living on and using the route at various times on Sunday I should know usually a B7 is on but a decker is also used on busier Sundays like up to xmas yes coppice farm deserves a bus its a good walk to the 89 or 41 but I cannot see the justification in money terms looking at usuage and cost to the business for a 69 but could a way be done usin the exisitng services which run nearby the 41 (sunday only) would be a better option I think (this is an opinion as too many people instantly shoot down ideas)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk