News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Midland (Liyell) called to disciplinary by traffic commissioner.

Started by hartshill busman 724210, September 29, 2012, 12:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartshill busman 724210

Details below.How does this work now.Can fines etc be levied at Midland operation even now?

Public Inquiry (45152) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 08 October 2012 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(1962)
)
PD0001157 SN
LIYELL LTD T/A MIDLAND
Director(s): DAVID BACKHOUSE REEVES.
26 THE MEADOWS, KINGSTONE , UTTOXETER ST14 8QE, GB
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

andy

Quote from: hartshill busman on September 29, 2012, 12:55:07 AM
Details below.How does this work now.Can fines etc be levied at Midland operation even now?

Public Inquiry (45152) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 08 October 2012 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(1962)
)
PD0001157 SN
LIYELL LTD T/A MIDLAND
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

Interesting.

This explains why Arriva have transferred the operation onto a different disc and abandoned the trading name, rather than acquire everything as they did with Stevensons I think.

In that case the proceedings will go against the licence holder even though they have disposed of the operation, and any punishment will impact upon his/her future applications to run further vehicles. That is if they even rule against, the mere fact the business has been disposed of will have served much of the Commisioner's purpose, although they may choose to help themselves to some of the proceeds in a fine!

Bob

Wonder if its to do with the s**t condition of most of the buses like it was with Warstone/Green Bus Service

Discodave

Quote from: andy on September 29, 2012, 01:03:02 AM

)
PD0001157 SN
LIYELL LTD T/A MIDLAND

Interesting.

This explains why Arriva have transferred the operation onto a different disc and abandoned the trading name, rather than acquire everything as they did with Stevensons I think.

In that case the proceedings will go against the licence holder even though they have disposed of the operation, and any punishment will impact upon his/her future applications to run further vehicles. That is if they even rule against, the mere fact the business has been disposed of will have served much of the Commisioner's purpose, although they may choose to help themselves to some of the proceeds in a fine!

Remember this could also affect there remaining operations in Crewe the sale may help but not always influence there decision as David Reeves is a director there too

andy

Quote from: Discodave on September 29, 2012, 01:25:41 PM
Quote from: andy on September 29, 2012, 01:03:02 AM

)
PD0001157 SN
LIYELL LTD T/A MIDLAND

Interesting.

Remember this could also affect there remaining operations in Crewe the sale may help but not always influence there decision as David Reeves is a director there too

I'm not sure. I think the Commissioner can only rule on his own area, and make recommendations to a colleague in another to monitor an operator. Not sure he can restrict an operator out of his own area in the same way, but can certainly revoke a licence in full if it's that serious.

Discodave

I was called to a comissioner hearing due to the poor operations of a past employer they had licences in NI and EIRE thankfully I had to give evidence to the fact of being asked to run bent which I would not the operator got a right bashing in all various names in the UK and licences plus a big fine I am not too sure like yourself but, I am going on this they have a lot more power than just there own area as the operator I worked for had licences in London, Midlands, North West as well as NI.

covlad27

It seems the OFT are giving a date on their website of 14th January 2013

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk