News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Is it possible.....

Started by Westy, September 26, 2012, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

..... for me to catch an Arriva 1 or 2 from Bloxwich to Walsall, then catch a 35 to Lichfield using an Arriva day ticket?

Have the Midland vehicles had their ticket machines upgraded, to issue Arriva tickets?

The reason I ask is if I do this trip, will I have a 'difference of opinion' with the ex Midland driver on the 35 or not?

vinh1000

Nope

01902 305 181 confirms this
In a month, users will be able to use arriva tickets on Midland services
At the moment, you need 2 separate tickets
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tomjusttom

Even though legally the services are run by Midland Red North (Arriva)? The Arriva network covers the former Midland services so if they ain't accepting the tickets they are supposed then surely they are breaching the Trade Description Act by advertising something that is not possible.

Anyway I was told by a Hill Top driver that it is valid on the former Midland routes as they are Arriva services

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 26, 2012, 09:32:15 PM
Even though legally the services are run by Midland Red North (Arriva)? The Arriva network covers the former Midland services so if they ain't accepting the tickets they are supposed then surely they are breaching the Trade Description Act by advertising something that is not possible.

Anyway I was told by a Hill Top driver that it is valid on the former Midland routes as they are Arriva services

Wardles services run on the Stevensons discs, but the rover ticket isn't valid on those services either - although there is an add-on ticket available.

andy

There would be no issue with any Trade Description Act. Any operator can exlude any route they like from a day ticket as long as it is pointed out in the publicity that this is the case.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: andy on September 26, 2012, 10:07:58 PM

There would be no issue with any Trade Description Act. Any operator can exlude any route they like from a day ticket as long as it is pointed out in the publicity that this is the case.

But there's nothing saying that the former midlands routes are excluded on any posters or the Arriva website so theoretically they should accept it??

It says on the site that for Wardles included then its a higher fare!

andy

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 26, 2012, 10:31:50 PM
Quote from: andy on September 26, 2012, 10:07:58 PM

But there's nothing saying that the former midlands routes are excluded on any posters or the Arriva website so theoretically they should accept it??

They should have added something on the site, it will be in their T's and C's somewhere you can bet.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 26, 2012, 10:31:50 PM

As i said:

Quote from: NEL111P on September 26, 2012, 09:50:55 PM
Wardles services run on the Stevensons discs, but the rover ticket isn't valid on those services either - although there is an add-on ticket available.

The add-on bit being if you pay £2 more, you can use it on Wardles.

Bob

What would you ask for boarding a arriva bus in cannock then? A £6 daysaver plus?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: bob on September 26, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
What would you ask for boarding a arriva bus in cannock then? A £6 daysaver plus?

Well you could try your luck, but a daysaver plus is normally £8   ;)

Westy

What publicity?

Apart from the newspaper & on here, theres been hardly any mention since Arrivas initial statement!

Discodave

When they took chase it was instant even before Burntwood closed down and buses were in chase colours would not risk it yet give them a bit of time and they will let you know or you could try leicester customer services

Bruce_LOA400X

all customer services go through to Luton now anyway... call up and see if you can ask head office, they should be able to help.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

vinh1000

A driver confirmed today Arriva tickets are now accepted
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Discodave

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on October 01, 2012, 01:08:32 AM
all customer services go through to Luton now anyway... call up and see if you can ask head office, they should be able to help.
Luton now crikey...not very Arriva Midlands is it probberly even more clueless than Leicester was.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk