News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

London Midland at their best tonight. thousands of people watching the rugby at Fanzone after the game at Villa Park and London Midland are cancelling the last train to London (22:14 of New Street)

Solo1

Why how they going to get home the only way is to stop in hotel &bill London midland as I thought they had a duty to get you to your station stop.on the ticket

tank90

It's as good as Great Western Railways aka First Great Western not putting on Extra trains tonight to Wales so fans from Twickenham could get home tonight with out having to stop over in England. It makes you wonder what was on the train operators mind when they saw the times of games finishing and where people would want to go after games. It is one reason why the UK or England will not host the Football World Cup nobody thinks.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

The 22:14 to Euston was cancelled because the incoming service from Northampton was cancelled because of no train crew.

In the end they fetched a unit up from Coventry empty stock and ran a 22:30 extra to Northampton where they restarted the 22:14 so they did get everybody home eventually. Not sure whether the 22:30 was a 350 or a 323.

The Great Western thing is completely different. Great Western offered to run extras for the rugby, but Network Rail, the nationalised bit of the railways, had the Severn Tunnel closed for engineering work and couldn't give them paths, another good advert for nationalising the railways I don't think, although the press picked on the private company because they ran a couple of staff jolleys on the same day in another part of their area

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2015, 07:51:58 AM

In the end they fetched a unit up from Coventry empty stock. Not sure whether the 22:30 was a 350 or a 323.     

Lets hope is was not the 153 that does the Nuneaton Shuttle  . . . . . . . .  :o

Sh4318

On the plus side, trains coming out of Birmingham (to Liverpool at least) are quiet as, on 350102 doing the 11:49 SGB-LIV and its dead, that's not something you can usually say about this service
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

T840MAK

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on September 27, 2015, 11:18:24 AM
Lets hope is was not the 153 that does the Nuneaton Shuttle  . . . . . . . .  :o

They would have done well to do that considering that diagram finishes in Coventry at 22:33 ;)

Most likely it would have been a spare 350 from the sidings just outside of the station.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2015, 07:25:17 PM
London Midland at their best tonight. thousands of people watching the rugby at Fanzone after the game at Villa Park and London Midland are cancelling the last train to London (22:14 of New Street)

Not affecting London, but they also cancelled the 22:54 to Northampton which can be a very busy service, especially if there has been anything on at the NEC!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Every train from BHI between 5:40 and 6:20 was rammed today being the last day of EGX (Which was amazing btw) VT Arriva and LM all rammed

Sh4318

Quote from: Dom on September 27, 2015, 08:52:42 PM
Every train from BHI between 5:40 and 6:20 was rammed today being the last day of EGX (Which was amazing btw) VT Arriva and LM all rammed

Reading this with a cheeky smile on my face as my train (from Liverpool) into Smethwick, then Birmingham has plenty of spare seats ;D

Kevin

Up to their best again tonight.
Last train from Liverpool to brum is cancelled. I've apparently now got to get the last one to Crewe an hour later and a replacement bus from there.
Oh the joys.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on October 01, 2015, 09:11:02 PM
Up to their best again tonight.
Last train from Liverpool to brum is cancelled. I've apparently now got to get the last one to Crewe an hour later and a replacement bus from there.
Oh the joys.

@Kevin Train starting from Crewe, why they couldn't hold it to await the connection?

Mind you looking at it, next train is an hour later!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Well I got home eventually at quarter to 2....
London Midland will be getting a nice taxi receipt with the compensation form because I missed the last bus home as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Apparently the cancellations last night were due to the train's automatic braking system being deployed earlier. That's what it said I'm the app anyway :-\

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 02, 2015, 09:40:03 AM
Apparently the cancellations last night were due to the train's automatic braking system being deployed earlier. That's what it said I'm the app anyway :-\

Thought that was on the Cross City line, unless the unit that works that service comes off the Cross City?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk