News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

I don't know which refurbished 153 you caught Tony but I'm on the 5.12 from brum and it's had the walls and ceilings painted white apart from the luggage racks but still has the filthy carpet and the seats haven't been recovered

Bob

This was 153365 maybe it's mid refurb

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 09, 2017, 06:04:02 PM
This was 153365 maybe it's mid refurb

It had no lights working either when I caught it this morning, although they were later on, at least they have cleaned the light covers on that one, they haven't on 153334

Bob

We had a treat of a 4 car on the 7.24 from Landywood in yesterday! For once it was ample!

Bob

Question. It currently takes just over 40 mins from Cannock to Birmingham.  Once the massively publicised electrification is done and they finally get the trains...how long would the same trip take on a 323

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 09, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
Question. It currently takes just over 40 mins from Cannock to Birmingham.  Once the massively publicised electrification is done and they finally get the trains...how long would the same trip take on a 323

If it is 323s, we should find out in the next few days with the franchise announcement, but they reckon about a 6 minute saving

Bob

Christ all those millions for that lol....I'd have just lengthened the platforms and used some displaced diesels when they became available

Bob

What could it be if not 323

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 09, 2017, 07:29:07 PM
What could it be if not 323

Brand new trains

refurbished 319s; 321s; the 707s not now required by the new South West Trains franchise; The 379s currently on the Stanstead Express are all available soon. The 379s would fit well as they have the same seat grey dot moquette as NXWM were using!

Bob

What do you think could be most likely? 319/321

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 09, 2017, 07:49:35 PM
What do you think could be most likely? 319/321

Everyone who actually knows is sworn to secrecy until the announcement, but one person who has seen the bids at TfWM has told me there will be a lot of changes for the better whichever wins, so I am actually quite impatient to find out. I suspect there may be a good few surprises in there

Bob

Changes for the better as in new trains? Or more interesting old ones? Class 170s are possibly the most boring characterless trains ever

DJ

There's a lot more discussion and speculation going on in this thread over on UKRail Forums. From what I've seen on there, it seems like it's gonna go to Abellio and that we're getting a bunch of Class 195's. Nothing's concrete though, obviously, as it's just posts on a forum.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on August 09, 2017, 08:23:10 PM
There's a lot more discussion and speculation going on in this thread over on UKRail Forums. From what I've seen on there, it seems like it's gonna go to Abellio and that we're getting a bunch of Class 195's. Nothing's concrete though, obviously, as it's just posts on a forum.

Not for the Chase Line. 195s are diesels.

As you say all this is speculation. Even the people at TfWM who have seen both bids do not know the winner is yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk