News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 28, 2017, 04:58:13 PM
Not been late when I have been catching it on Sunday's.

On another topic:
London Midland are launching on-board entertainment.
"Our free onboard entertainment service is now here. Check out the amazing films, TV shows, books and magazines " - LM Facebook Page

Except he said Saturdays...

Adam 404

Quote from: Dom on April 28, 2017, 07:17:39 PM
Except he said Saturdays...
I know. Fortunately I can read. I doubt that reliability is vastly different dependent on days in a weekend.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Westy on April 27, 2017, 10:38:19 PM
Are trains to Stratford On Avon normally reliable?

We're going for the day on Saturday.

Yes, they are normally reliable on Saturdays (and other days of the week as well).

Cheese

Quote from: Justin Tyme on April 28, 2017, 08:43:58 PM
Yes, they are normally reliable on Saturdays (and other days of the week as well).

Looking at Recent Time Trains for the last 4 Saturdays all journeys between Moor Street and Stratford-upon-Avon (either route) between 07:00 and 12:00 have operated and pretty much all of them have arrived on time, only a couple of journeys arrived between 2 and 5 mins late so a very reliable service from the looks of it.

Westy

Westy

On the way back at the moment.

Couple of observations from today.

Putting our tickets through the barrier didnt work at both New Street & Moor Street, having to be waved through by staff.

1612 from New Street to Rugeley Tv, not stopping at the Bloxwich stations!

@Bob - Is that usual?

As we're only going as far as Walsall, it doesnt really matter, but wondered anyway.

Bob

Yes the 12 past is Saturday only limited stop

Will

Just overhead an interesting conversation between the Stourbridge Shuttle driver & conductor and it would appear that London Midland have got mice or rats in the drivers rest room at Stourbridge Junction errr oh dear that is a shame...
Stourbridge   125

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Will on May 02, 2017, 11:18:07 PM
Just overhead an interesting conversation between the Stourbridge Shuttle driver & conductor and it would appear that London Midland have got mice or rats in the drivers rest room at Stourbridge Junction errr oh dear that is a shame...

That's nothing new, there have always been rats and mice around the station area, I think it is because there are no proper sewers on the station, just tanks that are emptied every Sunday.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 03, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
That's nothing new, there have always been rats and mice around the station area, I think it is because there are no proper sewers on the station, just tanks that are emptied every Sunday.
Perhaps they should employ a few cats...
Tony

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on May 03, 2017, 05:34:52 PM
Perhaps they should employ a few cats...

They could use some bardics if they've got any left lying around. A signalman I know from up north always use to have his bardic handy when he'd be working at a box with rats or mice

T840MAK

AUTUMN CASCADE IN THE PIPELINE FOR DMUs

A small cascade of Porterbrook owned DMU's involving GWR, London Midland and Northern is planned for later this year.
Five GWR Class 153's are scheduled to move to LM in the autumn to replace three Class 150/1's, which will move to Northern. The single car 153's are 153325/329/333/361/369, and are the only five leased from Porterbrook by GWR. They will replace 150105/107/109, which are the only members of the class leased by LM.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

the trainbasher

323203 on the 2212 Coventry to Birmingham New Street

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 19, 2017, 10:37:23 PM
323203 on the 2212 Coventry to Birmingham New Street

The 21:14 BHM-COV is usually 323. Think it comes off a Wolves-New St, not 100% sure though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

mikestone

Comes off the  20.40 from Walsall. Diagrams are on the ukmodern emu yahoo group.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk