News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Darts are awful. Blue Diamond have that whole fleet of them and when some turned up on the S2 a few times earlier this year they were terrible. Engine strained, rattle like mad, suspension is pretty bouncy to say the least and they aren't smooth at all. The Plaxton pointer (55 reg with seat belt seats) turned up a few times and was a world away. Good all round with it beating the Solos by miles.

PM

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 11, 2012, 08:03:16 PM
Darts are awful. Blue Diamond have that whole fleet of them and when some turned up on the S2 a few times earlier this year they were terrible. Engine strained, rattle like mad, suspension is pretty bouncy to say the least and they aren't smooth at all. The Plaxton pointer (55 reg with seat belt seats) turned up a few times and was a world away. Good all round with it beating the Solos by miles.

Darts are tons better than solos. Neither are fantastic-cheap buses not built to last....Something to last-you need step entrance!!

Eric Shaw

The midibus order has been confirmed by National Express as for 30 10.8m Enviro 200's in Bus and Coach Week today.

Ashley

I bought a copy today. Was an interesting read.

don

Quote from: wbdriver on October 11, 2012, 01:15:23 PM

in my opinion they need to go asap. they are potential deathtraps - brakes are terrible, visibility is poor, suspension is non existant especially over speed humps and they rattle like mad, feel like they are going to fall apart. there are a few drivers at the garage who refuse to drive them.

Interesting - I'd agree with the rattling and banging and also the surging ride..........but they're one of the most successful buses ever produced in the UK. OK they're a little old now but are they any worse that a Volvo B6LE? 10 years + for a single decker of this type (they appear very lightweight in terms of construction), and they surely are going to be clapped out? I travel on 15 yr old ones occassionally - the Plaxton Pointer bodies rattle like hell.

I'm surprised anyone gets away with refusing to drive a perfectly roadworthy vehicle these days - it used to happen in the 70s, along with loads of other industrial maladies long outdated.

Great news on the midibus order.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ash

The darts at WB 3601-3614 seem ok for the right services at WB they get used often on the 428/429 and seem to get very busy at times for me those services need a b6le at least maybe even mercs at times especially when the school children come out of Wodensborough shcool. WB driver do you know what services the darts will be used on when the new sandwell review comes into place. In my opinion the worst buses at WB have to be 7084/7086 prefer a b6le anyday.

Stu

QuoteIn my opinion the worst buses at WB have to be 7084/7086 prefer a b6le anyday.

They're Darts too, but with the Wright Crusader bodywork, same as used on the B6LEs.

As for the midi-bus order, I wasn't too fussed whether they went with the Enviro200 Darts or the Wright Streetlite, but I'm glad they didn't go for the wheel-forward version, as recently purchased by Silverline.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ilovetea4370

Wouldnt surprise me if some Solo's get the boot tbh they seem unreliable.

winston

Quote from: trident4370 on October 14, 2012, 07:49:02 PM

The Enviro 200's due at both PE & BC will directly replace Volvo B6LE's on the 222 & 99, the remainder due for WB will also more than likely be B6LE replacements 

Rob H

Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2012, 08:03:15 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on October 14, 2012, 07:49:02 PM

The Enviro 200's due at both PE & BC will directly replace Volvo B6LE's on the 222 & 99, the remainder due for WB will also more than likely be B6LE replacements

Will BC receive 11 Enviro 200's as there is currently 11 B6's at BC?
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

APS

Tomjusttom

Apparently they are to be split between the 222/243 at Pensnett

winston

Quote from: Tomjusttom on October 14, 2012, 10:31:28 PM

Sounds as though that will seal the fate of Volvo B6LE operation at PE then, PE currently has 12 x B6LE remaining whether they'll get the full 12 or slightly less due to fewer engineering spares being required.

BC has the 11 x B6LE, but I don't think the 99 needs that many buses, as B6LE often seem to be appearing on other BC routes of late

It looks as though WB will be lucky to get 10 x Enviro 200's which will not be enough to see off the remaining B6LE's there

Ash

Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2012, 10:54:41 PM
Quote from: Tomjusttom on October 14, 2012, 10:31:28 PM

Sounds as though that will seal the fate of Volvo B6LE operation at PE then, PE currently has 12 x B6LE remaining whether they'll get the full 12 or slightly less due to fewer engineering spares being required.

BC has the 11 x B6LE, but I don't think the 99 needs that many buses, as B6LE often seem to be appearing on other BC routes of late

It looks as though WB will be lucky to get 10 x Enviro 200's which will not be enough to see off the remaining B6LE's there

It wouldn't suprise me if the new enviro 200's go on the 89 service at WB as it's currently merc operated and doesnt seem busy enough for double deckers.

makkacdt

dout it they will go on the 89 now due to it being extened to blackheath
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk