News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sucess of Arriva in the West Midlands?

Started by Discodave, September 17, 2012, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Probably be the 144 route then. I think First would respond though if it is.

andy

Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
Quote from: bob on September 19, 2012, 05:21:22 PM
where on the A34 though? there was a 350/350a but again i dont recall them soing the exact 1 route? Maybe it isnt a cannock bound service theyre looking at, only others i could think of are Wolves to Telford or brum to Tamworth, wouldnt be the 112 to lichfield cos thats dead

Know one has actually confirmed that it is an Arriva route NXWM are looking at, it's just the most likely given Arriva's moves in the WM area. There is always a chance it could be a First route, bearing in mind both Kidderminster & Redditch operations are thought to be up for sale

I don't know where this myth comes from that the 112 is not busy or profitable between Lichfield and Birmingham. Just because Arriva like to play pass the parcel with it I can assure you it's a very busy run. Personally I can't see that being the route that NXWM are interested in but you never know.

arrifirststage

Since the route in question has never been operated by NXWM OR PREDECESSORS that really excludes all routes from Wolverhampton (the corporation operated to Cannock and Bridgnorth) and the PTE to telford on contract.
Almost all routes from Walsall were covered by the Corporation,even through to Stafford.
Of the present Arriva routes from Birmingham,the only ones I can remember are 112 and 116.
This leaves the more likely First routes,Kidderminster having been covered on Sundays,so most probably 146 (don'tremember them operating this) or the favourite 144,either to Bromsgrove or through to Worcester.
Even this though would be odd since it is worked from Worcester garage which First want to retain.

Bob

if its that successful why are MPd's used on it half the time & why was it axed before?

andy

Quote from: bob on September 19, 2012, 08:45:12 PM
if its that successful why are MPd's used on it half the time & why was it axed before?

MPD's were used because Burton and Cannock never had enough of the correct vehicles, and the MPD's would frequently leave passengers behind, and it was axed because Burton gained so much work from Swadlincote and Coalville that they simply didn't have the resources to operate it at that time, neither did any other depot. As soon as Arriva sorted the staffing situation out and gathered extra resources it was re registered. Tamworth will be operating it with full size Omnilinks.

winston

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 19, 2012, 08:06:20 PM
Since the route in question has never been operated by NXWM OR PREDECESSORS that really excludes all routes from Wolverhampton (the corporation operated to Cannock and Bridgnorth) and the PTE to telford on contract.
Almost all routes from Walsall were covered by the Corporation,even through to Stafford.
Of the present Arriva routes from Birmingham,the only ones I can remember are 112 and 116.
This leaves the more likely First routes,Kidderminster having been covered on Sundays,so most probably 146 (don'tremember them operating this) or the favourite 144,either to Bromsgrove or through to Worcester.
Even this though would be odd since it is worked from Worcester garage which First want to retain.

WMT/TWM have operated the 145 in to Bromsgrove in the past, did they not operate the 146 on Evenings & Sundays at some point? Or did Pete's Travel win this work off MRW/First

Westy

Did Wolves Corp ever do Wolves to Stafford, or was that always Midland Red?

D10

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2012, 09:04:46 PM
Did Wolves Corp ever do Wolves to Stafford, or was that always Midland Red?

It was always Midland Red, the Corporation reached as far as Coven and Brewood but never got to Stafford.

Discodave

Quote from: bob on September 19, 2012, 05:21:22 PM
where on the A34 though? there was a 350/350a but again i dont recall them soing the exact 1 route? Maybe it isnt a cannock bound service theyre looking at, only others i could think of are Wolves to Telford or brum to Tamworth, wouldnt be the 112 to lichfield cos thats dead

The 350 did follow the Arriva 1 route as it was on the running boards with regards to the A34 bridge (single deck only) as it was on a 351 board

Bob

Didnt it turn off the A34 tho? at quinton or turnberry or something? and go down green lane? none of which the 1 does..

Discodave

no it followed the full a34 through Bloxwich into Walsall but remember the number 1 did go down the full length of Green lane it was only chase which went through leamore to try and keep infront of the arriva 1 it was changed on takeover

Bob

oh right, just out of interest if its likely to be a First or whatever route what r all the comments doin under an 'success of arriva' post. Hey maybe its the 825 theyre looking at or the 33 ( doubt that one tho). cant think of any cannock routestheyd want...

Discodave

possibly bob it with regards to an earlier comment Tony made on NXWM are looking at a route passenger numbers they have never done and maybe looking to register a service on it

Bob

So is anyone going to reveal what this route theyre allegedly looking into is then?

winston

Quote from: bob on September 22, 2012, 12:49:59 AM
So is anyone going to reveal what this route theyre allegedly looking into is then?

Unlikely Bob, as it would be commercially sensitive info until a decision has been made on whether to proceed or not

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk