News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sucess of Arriva in the West Midlands?

Started by Discodave, September 17, 2012, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Its all very well having a bus war, but what happens when one operator is victorius?

The loser leaves  & if u had a bus pass with them, tough!

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on September 18, 2012, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2012, 06:17:40 PM
Quote from: bob on September 18, 2012, 06:03:20 PM
I wouldnt have thought stafford or lichfield would be of any interest. telford maybe but i doubt it. Nxwm have no interest in out of county services

Haven't they? I know of one route never operated by NXWM or a predecessor currently having passenger counts done to see if it is viable to register against the current operator.

The biggest problem with out of county services for NXWM is you have to vary the farescale to make them pay. £1.90 is not viable for long journies through area with sparcer housing, hence why Stagecoach First & Arriva have generally have higher fares.

Two routes that do venture into further parts, the 12 and X51, both charge more than £1.90 for the longer trips
Interesting
Its why I presume Green Bus also has a similar fare structure
Though nNetwork and NX Travelcards are valid on 12 all the way to Leamington :)

nNetwork are valid no-where near Leamington Spa! They are not even valid to Kenilworth finishing a couple of stops past the University of Warwick

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2012, 07:16:57 PM
nNetwork are valid no-where near Leamington Spa! They are not even valid to Kenilworth finishing a couple of stops past the University of Warwick

Gibbet Hill.

Bob

i bet its the number 1 to cannock then am i warm?

winston

Quote from: bob on September 18, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
i bet its the number 1 to cannock then am i warm?

Doubt it, the route Tony mentions has never been operated by NXWM or a predecessor, WMT & TWM have operated Walsall - Cannock previously, most recently the 351 until withdrawal

vinh1000

I wouldnt have thought stafford or lichfield would be of any interest. telford maybe but i doubt it. Nxwm have no interest in out of county services

Haven't they? I know of one route never operated by NXWM or a predecessor currently having passenger counts done to see if it is viable to register against the current operator.

The biggest problem with out of county services for NXWM is you have to vary the farescale to make them pay. £1.90 is not viable for long journies through area with sparcer housing, hence why Stagecoach First & Arriva have generally have higher fares.

Two routes that do venture into further parts, the 12 and X51, both charge more than £1.90 for the longer trips
Interesting

I called the Coventry Depot regarding this and they confirmed it is all right to use it :P which I have done already specifically also to Kenilworth but only on the 12 (likewise 20 to bedworth is also valid) x51 however it isn't valid
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

he said a route which has never been operated by nxwm or a predecessor. The 351 went a completely different route, the 1 has never been operated by them

Tony

Quote from: bob on September 19, 2012, 07:13:18 AM
he said a route which has never been operated by nxwm or a predecessor. The 351 went a completely different route, the 1 has never been operated by them

The 1 route has been operated by NXWM predecessors up until about 10 years ago. It was originally part of a Hednesford to Dudley route via Walsall

Bob

Tony that was the 301 wasnt it? it went via cheslyn hay & landywood not a direct route down the A34 and through leamore, 301 was virtually same as 351 only 351 terminated at walsall as did the 301

Tony

In 2000 when I moved to walsall there were buses up the A34 as well as cheslyn hay. Several stops on the A34 still had 301 on then

Discodave

Tony you mention its more then £1.90 fromm Cannock into the West Mids never ever known when I did the 950a/951 etc anyone paying the correct fare to Birmingham (this was on old fares)

Discodave

Quote from: bob on September 17, 2012, 06:20:39 PM
im hoping NXWM come back into Cannock at some point, theyd wipe the floor with Arriva! It wont happen though unfortunately

Would make Arriva think if they went in hard but agree they won't

Discodave

Quote from: vinh1000 on September 18, 2012, 10:18:55 PM

Interesting

I called the Coventry Depot regarding this and they confirmed it is all right to use it :P which I have done already specifically also to Kenilworth but only on the 12 (likewise 20 to bedworth is also valid) x51 however it isn't valid

They are wrong Tony is right he is a revenue Inspector so NEVER challange him on ticket issues may be sucking up but if its your job you would know

Bob

where on the A34 though? there was a 350/350a but again i dont recall them soing the exact 1 route? Maybe it isnt a cannock bound service theyre looking at, only others i could think of are Wolves to Telford or brum to Tamworth, wouldnt be the 112 to lichfield cos thats dead

winston

Quote from: bob on September 19, 2012, 05:21:22 PM
where on the A34 though? there was a 350/350a but again i dont recall them soing the exact 1 route? Maybe it isnt a cannock bound service theyre looking at, only others i could think of are Wolves to Telford or brum to Tamworth, wouldnt be the 112 to lichfield cos thats dead

Know one has actually confirmed that it is an Arriva route NXWM are looking at, it's just the most likely given Arriva's moves in the WM area. There is always a chance it could be a First route, bearing in mind both Kidderminster & Redditch operations are thought to be up for sale

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk