News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

3601/2/4 have transfered to Wardles, 3603/10/12 are withdrawn from service leaving 3605/6/8/9 left in service at Cannock

Bob

Y264ybc parked at cannock bus station with the engine flap up

Oh dear lol...

Ashley

I've seen the EWU's on the 1 and 70 this week and one on the 31 last week

arrivaaston

3619 W109EWU once again broke down yesterday whilst on the Tesco Free Bus

Trident 4609

2268 is carrying advertising for the new Pye Green Circular Sunday service from 23rd March 2014. Caught 2268 on the 18:35 68 ex Wolverhampton (Stafford St)

Bob

Been on y264ybc on the 70 tonight.  Pretty nippy for an old dart. Definitely a better state than bu51 batch!

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on March 15, 2014, 09:59:37 PM
Been on y264ybc on the 70 tonight.  Pretty nippy for an old dart. Definitely a better state than bu51 batch!

Shame couldn't be said for one or two Y-YBC's at Wednesfield. I had a clapped out 2256 which kept juddering foward this morning on the 18 (Lyndale Park-Wolverhampton).

BTW I saw a 61 plate SB200 on the 70 late last night in Featherstone. Is this usual?

Bob

Yea 61 plates are regulars.  I just wasn't lucky enough to get one lol

Bob

To be fair it wasnt too bad to travel on at all and wasn't as threadbare as some either. Itd be perfect for daytime 2/2A/62. Anyone noticed how 31/2/3 seem to get mostly larger buses now?

Ashley

Late 2/70/76 is a mix of MPD's and SB200's. Three of the 6 buses last night were 3719, another Commander and an MPD

Bob

To be fair im surprised all the night services arent mpd permanently especially now a lot of trips are run without subsidy

Bob

Its gonna be interesting the next few months to see whether arriva up their game and continue with investment in cannock.  Theres rumours about new buses for the 1 & 2, but stuff like the 32/33 needs some money spending on it etc. Id be surprised if they splashed out on new buses for the 2/2a though,  its not exactly a busy service is it? Also a lot of cannock's fleet are approaching the end of their lives bu51 darts/remaining volvos/the route 1 buses etc and will need major refurbishment. ...

Ashley

Makor refurbishment is abit of an exaggeration. New trim, a repaint and a few tightened bolts would do in the case of the Commanders. A 51 plate Dart is nothing compared to some of the buses Arriva still operate in some parts. The evening 2/70/76 journeys take mostly cash paying passengers plus those vehicles will have covered their costs for the day by the evening surely. Evening 74's are too quiet for Pulsar's, the staff bus at Stafford would be more ideal lol

Bob

Id say bu51kwj needs scrapping definitely,  thats the one the driver branded a disgrace,  and when you think v reg ones have been scrapped recently hopefully its not long for this world.  As for the commanders have you been on 3704? Sounds like it needs more than tightened bolts lol. I dont understand why cannock dont refurb their buses? Wednesfield darts are being done almost every other commander got done why not theirs lol

Ashley

No but all I mean is there's probably much worse out there than Arriva Cannock who have been doing better of late. the Commander refurbs will come in time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk