News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Select of Penkridge are taking on the 23 and 67 as of September

Bob

I didnt think arriva would keeo them.  I think theyll lose the 62/68 at some point as well

Westy

Quote from: arrivaaston on June 30, 2013, 12:13:32 AM

Never heard of them.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Westy on June 30, 2013, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: arrivaaston on June 30, 2013, 12:13:32 AM

Never heard of them.

There's a fleetlist on here for them and they got a good mention when they hired then bought some Darts feom Diamond and they keep breaking down. They currently only operate the 878 Wolverhampton to Stafford, and seems well used.

Solo1

Here is the select fleet note the red one is a loan http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/stanjack/sets/
&  878 runs to brewood not Stafford

Bob

Crikey talk about arriva starting to lose their monopoly

Dylan4579

Nx are only in Cannock because arriva are i in the black country

Bob

Yes but its all good for the passenger. Least we wont have to suffer arrivas shitty darts on evenings & sundays anymore

notepanel

Quote from: bob on June 30, 2013, 05:48:26 PM
Yes but its all good for the passenger. Least we wont have to suffer arrivas shitty darts on evenings & sundays anymore

Isn't Select somehow related to Green Bus (as in Warstones Motors) & White Wings Travel after they had their licences revoked? Is a fleet of predominately step-entrance vehicles really an improvement for many passengers?

the trainbasher

The step stuff left a month ago with it now being SLF apparently

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mranon

even though its irrelevant, their 2 n....xdv darts were in good nick, didnt rattle or bang and gave a nice comfortable ride with their dp seats. even had a/c on too! the fleet according to the drivers is low floor with at least 3 with the existing one and purchases from diamond.

winston

Quote from: dgss1 on June 30, 2013, 05:35:09 PM
Nx are only in Cannock because arriva are i in the black country

They may well be, but Arriva have become too complacent over in Cannock due to their position & lack of competition.

NX may well be testing the water with tenders initially.....

Bob

I meant passengers wont have to suffer them on the 2 & 33 lol. If Select run Darts on the 23 and 67 they will most probably have much better interiors and even if they break down they cant poss break down anymore than arriva's fleet. And re the comment above yep your right there Arriva have definitely become too complacent in cannock. Ok they bought 11 new sb200s but they spend half their time on the lichfield to stafford route so only really operate cannock to lichfield on one route and thats when they can be arsed to allocate. As for the rest of the fleet except maybe 57 plate sb200s, its dire.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: bob on June 30, 2013, 10:32:28 AM
Crikey talk about arriva starting to lose their monopoly

Can only be a good thing to remind an operator they are not god! As I have previously said this would be even more wonderful in a place like the west midlands where there is a mutil operator ticket, however it Cannock there isn't so it does mean extra expense on ever more squeezed families! And if it is the case Select has got in good on them its good to see a local independent win something!
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Dart S629 KHN now working from cannock seen on pye greens earlier. Looks like its had a refurb, hopefully its just temporary and intended for wednesfield

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk