News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

What do you think Tony? Could it be sped up a bit and made an attractive alternative? The difference in a monthly ticket is much more pronounced

winston

Quote from: bob on June 02, 2013, 09:52:39 PM
Possibly but itd miss out cheslyn hay & landywood where train passengers could potentially be tempted from

Tony's said the same above, rightly or wrong I was under the impression that Arriva's one carried quite a few passengers?

Bob

It does yes but so does the 2

winston

Quote from: bob on June 02, 2013, 09:58:11 PM
It does yes but so does the 2

So does Arriva's 2 follow the same line of route as the X51 then?

Bob

No but it does go round cheslyn hay and landywood

winston

Quote from: bob on June 02, 2013, 10:01:36 PM
No but it does go round cheslyn hay and landywood

Cheers Bob

covlad27

Arriva Cannock could possibly end up selling to NXWM maybe they could calling NX Staffordshire

arrivaaston

Doubt Cannock will sell when it makes money compared to Stafford depot, Arriva Cannock would be great if theor standards were were the same as Thurmaston/Wigston/Derby/Telford and Tamworth depot

Bob

Dunno jamie I think they might. Dont forget they were on the verge of it just before Chase. Also I think itd still be nx wm cos majority of services go into the west midlands

winston

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 11:50:33 AM
Dunno jamie I think they might. Dont forget they were on the verge of it just before Chase. Also I think itd still be nx wm cos majority of services go into the west midlands

I don't think that is likely to happen now, especially after Arriva have only recently bought Midland and are still integrating it in to Arriva Midlands. A sale of Cannock would leave Wednesfield vunerbale.......

Bob

Wednesfields vulnerable anyway theyll never make an impact in the wm. Even the transferred in fleet is shit. And there are rumours the delta way site has already been sold or in the pipeline. .....

winston

Quote from: bob on June 04, 2013, 12:22:01 PM
Wednesfields vulnerable anyway theyll never make an impact in the wm. Even the transferred in fleet is shit. And there are rumours the delta way site has already been sold or in the pipeline. .....

Maybe so, but why would Arriva spend the money buying Midland & integrating/upgrading the depot & fleet to then sell out in Cannock?

If the land Cannock depot is on is to be sold, could they not be moving to smaller premises to reduce overheads & Wednesfield take on more of the Cannock work?

Bob

Possibly. I still think its a possibility theyll flog it. Cant see them making a go of wednesfield to be honest judging by how bad theyre running it so far.... what lucrative routes do they run? Any?

arrivaaston

Would be a suprise if it went the other way and nxwm walsall was closing and arriva sold cannock and wednesfield and worked them all from 1 garrafe at walsall

Bob

Lol thats deffo ur imagination workin over time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk