News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on August 02, 2020, 10:27:51 PM
Simon said he "would like to think" or "would hope" that the 1 would be coming back? Did he think or hope wrong? Lol

It would leave a stretch of the Walsall Road in Great Wyrley without a bus (though some could walk horizontally to Gorsey Lane for the 2/X51). Would also leave East Street stop in Bridgtown without a bus but only a 3 min walk to the nearest stop outside the college.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Something that is puzzling me at the moment.

Every morning, I'm catching a Diamond 326 & getting a Nbus Walsall  Day Ticket, which is obviously on Diamond branded ticket roll.

On the way back, the 326 drops me back at Bloxwich in time for the Arriva 2 timed around 1657, saving me a walk as that bus stop is right outside my house.

Why does the Arriva driver insist on me scanning my Diamond branded ticket, even though it doesn't scan, as it was issued on a Diamond machine with their scanning code & me saying why bother scanning,  it's an Nbus ticket?

Am I missing something,  or are the Arriva drivers thick?

Pat

Quote from: Westy on August 03, 2020, 05:13:05 PM
Something that is puzzling me at the moment.

Every morning, I'm catching a Diamond 326 & getting a Nbus Walsall  Day Ticket, which is obviously on Diamond branded ticket roll.

On the way back, the 326 drops me back at Bloxwich in time for the Arriva 2 timed around 1657, saving me a walk as that bus stop is right outside my house.

Why does the Arriva driver insist on me scanning my Diamond branded ticket, even though it doesn't scan, as it was issued on a Diamond machine with their scanning code & me saying why bother scanning,  it's an Nbus ticket?

Am I missing something,  or are the Arriva drivers thick?
I've had a Diamond driver who wanted me to scan my Banga nBus ticket, even though there was no barcode!

Bob

By all accounts the number 1 is as dead as a nun in bed then?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Pat on August 03, 2020, 05:49:30 PM
I've had a Diamond driver who wanted me to scan my Banga nBus ticket, even though there was no barcode!

Lol! Should have put it under and made a "beep" noise yourself
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on August 03, 2020, 07:38:40 PM
By all accounts the number 1 is as dead as a nun in bed then?

I've said for a while ill be very surprised if it ever comes back, especially given they have taken it off the bus stop flags in Bloxwich. Hatherton Rd still shows it not sure if the timetable remains there.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 03, 2020, 08:50:00 PM
I've said for a while ill be very surprised if it ever comes back, especially given they have taken it off the bus stop flags in Bloxwich. Hatherton Rd still shows it not sure if the timetable remains there.

Arriva have taken the timetables down from all their routes/stops mate i think

Bob

Has the 1 definetely been axed? Wonder how much longer the 2 will continue? With solos a third full? Saw an X51 in bridgtown today. Bottom deck full

Westy

Is the 3 still operating that truncated timetable between Cannock & Brownhills?

As for the 1, the TfWM flags have been updated in Bloxwich, but the Elmore Row northbound stop still has the old timetable poster featuring the 1!

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on August 05, 2020, 09:51:49 PM
Is the 3 still operating that truncated timetable between Cannock & Brownhills?

Yes Cannock - Brownhills so you'd have to swap to the number 8 of you wanted route 3 between Brownhills and Walsall.

The Hatherton Rd flag updated today just showing 2 and X51.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

evo mark

does anyone know what Arriva are doing with the routes at Cannock as they seam to be reducing them

Pat

Quote from: evo mark on August 10, 2020, 08:50:03 PM
does anyone know what Arriva are doing with the routes at Cannock as they seam to be reducing them
As many other businesses are doing (BA, Virgin Atlantic etc), they're probably using Covid as an excuse to make cuts.  They've probably been planning to do this for ages and Covid was a convenient opportunity for them to do so.

Bob

FJ55 BWB was being taken from bus stn by a tow truck on Fri

Busman Jamie

Quote from: Bob on August 11, 2020, 12:16:56 AM
FJ55 BWB was being taken from bus stn by a tow truck on Fri

And the same bus was out today on PYe Greens

Bob

Quote from: Busman Jamie on August 11, 2020, 02:47:20 PM
And the same bus was out today on PYe Greens

Lol Quick turnaround

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk