News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 14, 2020, 08:13:15 AM
Honestly don't know how the number 2 keeps running. Its usually empty or with a couple of people on. I know they get money for the Turnberry section but can't see how that's enough. Someone higher up at Arriva head office needs to allocate some more money for Cannock get some decent sapphire buses again that would help. Also axe the blakenall section it adds 10 or 15 mins to the journey.
There's no point in investing in an area that has low passenger numbers and doesn't make a profit, as Arriva would see no return in their investment.  Also, I can't see how sapphire buses will attract more passengers, as most people use buses because they have no alternative so don't really care what type of bus turns up.  Take Telford for example, they have no sapphire buses but still saw a 2.38% rise in passenger numbers last year.

mikestone

I have the distinct impression Sapphire was invented by someone at head office, local management were told to find a suitable route, did so with no conviction and the originator then left or himself lost interest.
Winsford for instance have withdrawn the  130 altogether and the 38 frequently has a Solo , despite having three ex Wrexham Sapphires to play with.r

I love Walsall buses

Does Cannock operate any School journeys or contracts like what NX do for Cap Gemini?

winston

Quote from: mikestone on February 14, 2020, 03:55:50 PM
I have the distinct impression Sapphire was invented by someone at head office, local management were told to find a suitable route, did so with no conviction and the originator then left or himself lost interest.
Winsford for instance have withdrawn the  130 altogether and the 38 frequently has a Solo , despite having three ex Wrexham Sapphires to play with.r

I suspect the biggest problem at Arriva Group is their parent companies debt & the lack of money available for Arriva UK to do anything with. The sale / flotation uncertainty won't of helped matters either.....

AlexS

Quote from: mikestone on February 14, 2020, 03:55:50 PM
The halfhearted refurbishment of the B7s at Leicester which were used for the original marketing of Sapphire in the midlands quite frankly ensured that Sapphire would be a failure in the region. Elsewhere in the country Sapphire has used coach seats or at the very least bus seats with headrests, but the original Sapphires in the midlands retained the significantly poorer low backed seats that had been used on all new buses for the previous decade and which look 'budget'. In order to market Sapphire Arriva displayed the buses and encouraged people on board to look around in prominent spaces in the city centre and failed to understand that the seats inside a bus are one of the few visual clues that passengers will pick up on so by retaining the standard seats Arriva completely failed to get the public to actually notice any improvement in the standard of service during these promotions.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on February 14, 2020, 05:51:00 PM
I suspect the biggest problem at Arriva Group is their parent companies debt & the lack of money available for Arriva UK to do anything with. The sale / flotation uncertainty won't of helped matters either.....

That makes a lot of sense with regards to investment. The only Midlands region sapphires now are the 110 from Tamworth I believe.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

sswig

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 14, 2020, 11:56:30 PM
That makes a lot of sense with regards to investment. The only Midlands region sapphires now are the 110 from Tamworth I believe.

Actually Derby still has sapphire 38 Enviro400's
Thurmaston depot have the 158 sapphire pulsars
Wigston depot have sapphire B9TLS some still with X3 branding and 10 unbranded B7tls (previously branded for Oadby 31/31A) although they are hardly ever on the X3 and occasionally a few are on 31/31A usually the Wigston sapphires are on 44/44A or 49's

Bob

Is the 70 on diversion in Longford? A Solo SR has just gone along  Wellington Drive on it and the normal route is through Ascot Drive and onto Longford Road

Busman Jamie

@Bob there has been a road closure by the nursing home, supposed to be 3 days

Bob

Pat

Today I had a ride on 3722 on the 1 into Walsall.  Quite a nice bus I must admit, there were no 'threadbare' seats and the interior was nice and clean.  It ran quite smoothly for a 14 year old vehicle.

l.murphy123

Lichfield bus station finally getting a revamp... the road and paths are being resurfaced and there will be RTPI displays. Hopefully they have new bus shelters or at least refurb them in line with the X3 platinum stand.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Depotosw

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 19, 2020, 06:57:16 PM
Today I had a ride on 3722 on the 1 into Walsall.  Quite a nice bus I must admit, there were no 'threadbare' seats and the interior was nice and clean.  It ran quite smoothly for a 14 year old vehicle.

I had 3726 yesterday on the 1 and was very tidy too. I notice 3844/5 have also had a retrim and look much improved too since I last need did it. 3841 however could do with a retrim.

Bob

3726 has had a retrim. It was pretty rough beforehand. The repainted/refurbed Centro actually does look good but how long before its moved on lol? Like everything else half decent

l.murphy123

3A bus just unloaded & loaded in walsall bus station next to a bus already at the stand - i.e. passengers had to walk through the automatic doors and in front of the bus at the stand to get on. Is this allowed?! Two staff in hi viz walked over to have a look.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk