News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on July 20, 2019, 01:53:46 PM
Albeit an unreliable one. Hardly an enticement to get on buses is it? Be grateful for no investment and every other bus might come, itll be clapped out but at least this one aimt broke down

The 60 I was on last week was on the verge of breaking down I was talking to the driver most the way about all sorts. He had broke down earlier on a different bus and waited over an hour for a new one to arrive. I do think the amount of break downs are embarrasing but if there's no money there then what can they do. It makes you wonder how much the parent comnapy has that they could easily invest. To make things better though an NXWM 10A had broken down in Burntwood lol.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 20, 2019, 02:32:38 PM
The 60 I was on last week was on the verge of breaking down I was talking to the driver most the way about all sorts. He had broke down earlier on a different bus and waited over an hour for a new one to arrive. I do think the amount of break downs are embarrasing but if there's no money there then what can they do. It makes you wonder how much the parent comnapy has that they could easily invest. To make things better though an NXWM 10A had broken down in Burntwood lol.

You clearly haven't been keeping up to date on Deutsche Bahn (DB) i.e Arriva's parent company to make such a comment! DB are themselves 20 Billion Euro's in debt (now in a similar boat to First Group), they're losing their monopoly on German Rail Franchises to the likes of NX, Go-Ahead & Abellio, they have put the enitre Arriva Group up for sale as a result, to pay down DB debts.

The DB pot to grow & invest Arriva Group is drying up and constrained by the parent companies woes:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/27/deutsche-bahn-to-sell-uk-rail-bus-operator-arriva

Arriva are still expanding their European Bus & Rail divisions through contract wins, but the last acquisition they've made appears to be in Croatia's August 2017. Prior to this they were making regular acquisitions particularly across Eastern Europe.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on July 20, 2019, 02:42:29 PM
You clearly haven't been keeping up to date on Deutsche Bahn (DB) i.e Arriva's parent company to make such a comment!

1) No I don't you're right, and 2) I said I wonder I didn't state fact.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 20, 2019, 03:50:28 PM
1) No I don't you're right, and 2) I said I wonder I didn't state fact.

I'm simply saying you don't need to wonder, it's been well publicised over the past 12-18 months the current state of finances at DB / when referring to options for Arriva Groups future, originally 12months ago a Stock Market Floatation was mooted, now a full sale, with flotation as a last resort.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on July 20, 2019, 04:20:40 PM
I'm simply saying you don't need to wonder, it's been well publicised over the past 12-18 months the current state of finances at DB / when referring to options for Arriva Groups future, originally 12months ago a Stock Market Floatation was mooted, now a full sale, with flotation as a last resort.

Im following a discussion! I didn't realise every post on this forum had to be solid facts like a wikipedia page.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 20, 2019, 05:51:05 PM
Im following a discussion! I didn't realise every post on this forum had to be solid facts like a wikipedia page.

Lose the attitude! Otherwise you'll be following the Exit signs!

l.murphy123

NXWM have finally moved the X3 to their own stand in Lichfield and branded it nicely (signs and painted the shelter black and red). The 60, 60A, 10A stand was too busy and I didn't understand why so many were departing from the same stand when others are unused.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 21, 2019, 12:53:52 PM
NXWM have finally moved the X3 to their own stand in Lichfield and branded it nicely (signs and painted the shelter black and red). The 60, 60A, 10A stand was too busy and I didn't understand why so many were departing from the same stand when others are unused.

Getting new plastic panels next week as well, found a supplier with some left over for the old shelters

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2019, 12:56:14 PM
Getting new plastic panels next week as well, found a supplier with some left over for the old shelters

Apart from the fact it would split up the Burntwood corridor, why didn't Nx move the 10a to either the same stand as the X3 (keeping  the Nx services together!) or give it it's own stand?

Bob

May be they can start promoting the X51 more vigorously too. They should be able to wipe the floor with Arriva!

evo mark

spoke to nxwm inspectors in cannock on the first day of x51 service and arriva stopped them from promoting on the stands in cannock and also stopped them putting up timetables must be that scared

Busman Jamie

Arriva can't stop them, arriva do not own the bus shelters in Cannock

l.murphy123

Quote from: evo mark on July 21, 2019, 09:39:19 PM
spoke to nxwm inspectors in cannock on the first day of x51 service and arriva stopped them from promoting on the stands in cannock and also stopped them putting up timetables must be that scared

Thats down to Cannock Chase District who own the stands or Staffs County Council who oversee the rest. They took down Arrivas stuff in the past but they still put things up.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

evo mark

so why are arriva that scared they changed there timings to leave 1 minute before the west midlands just to stop them getting passengers

Solo1

They could of made a lovely 10 mi service between nxbus & arriva

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk