News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Diamond have no interest in expanding as i've contacted them... whether they would takeover that is a different question. Rumours are they made two bids which were turned down. I've also contacted Midland Classic who have no interest in moving any further towards Cannock. NX really are the only alternative and I'd welcome them.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

PointerDart

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 18, 2018, 09:42:00 PM
Who do you think would take over arriva cannock if there was an opportunity to do so

I'd agree that it could be NX, which is the most likely. Whether First are interested in expanding in Staffordshire, could be another option? (although the latter is more unlikely due to the decline in profits situation, if I'm not mistaken?)

winston

Quote from: PointerDart on August 19, 2018, 07:12:04 AM
I'd agree that it could be NX, which is the most likely. Whether First are interested in expanding in Staffordshire, could be another option? (although the latter is more unlikely due to the decline in profits situation, if I'm not mistaken?)

First? Have you not seen the reports about First Group looking at all options  to make a major divesrment / break up the group & sell it off etc, etc

PointerDart

Quote from: Winston on August 19, 2018, 10:07:39 AM
First? Have you not seen the reports about First Group looking at all options  to make a major divesrment / break up the group & sell it off etc, etc

I haven't no; I'd only heard of something to do with them not doing so well and that was it - I wasn't aware of the extent of it. As I said before, it was just a less likely suggestion - not a definitive one.

Bob

Im sure the Cannock operation, with its history of innovation, investment, high standards of refurbishment etc would be an attractive,profitable investment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

l.murphy123

NXWM are taking over the number 10 / 10A Wolverhampton to Perton... not sure how significant this is as im not from that area.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 19, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
NXWM are taking over the number 10 / 10A Wolverhampton to Perton... not sure how significant this is as im not from that area.

10 A and 10 B. Theyve wo staffs CC tender

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on August 19, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
10 A and 10 B. Theyve wo staffs CC tender

Don't understand your comment there's a typo. The number 10 has an extra 6 journeys and will finish between 10-11pm rather than 6-7pm. They will also have Sundays. This is what Cannock needs.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 19, 2018, 08:20:40 PM
Don't understand your comment there's a typo. The number 10 has an extra 6 journeys and will finish between 10-11pm rather than 6-7pm. They will also have Sundays. This is what Cannock needs.

I was stating that NX have won 10 A and 10B...it says so on website...

Bob

And sure Cannocks profitability would be greatly boosted by opening tje depot and running one Sunday service 😂😂😂😂

BusMan Greg

What is the most profitable route Cannock depot run at the moment

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 19, 2018, 09:02:20 PM

Are there any?

Trident 4194

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 19, 2018, 09:02:20 PM

74?

Bob

Maybe 825? Used to be a busy route. I wouldnt imagine the 2, 61, 62, 3, 70, any of the Stafford locals, 63 or 75 make much if any money . Pye greens are so popular they couldnt justify 7 pulsars bought for them. So they had to make do with any s##t and are now operated, as an "upgrade" with buses from 2011 bought specifically to upgrade the 60/825 which now have anything incl old darts /cadets so maybe their earnings have declined with the rest of the operation

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on August 19, 2018, 09:29:11 PM
Maybe 825? Used to be a busy route. I wouldnt imagine the 2, 61, 62, 3, 70, any of the Stafford locals, 63 or 75 make much if any money . Pye greens are so popular they couldnt justify 7 pulsars bought for them. So they had to make do with any s##t and are now operated, as an "upgrade" with buses from 2011 bought specifically to upgrade the 60/825 which now have anything incl old darts /cadets so maybe their earnings have declined with the rest of the operation

From what I've seen, 825 and 74 are quite full leaving Stafford whereas all the others that end are empty, including 75s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk