News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Presumbly if they did that, they might further reorganise & put Shrewsbury & Telford as part of Arriva Wales!

I suspect NX might get involved further with the routes from Cannock & Hednesford south back into WM county as they'd be the next nearest to run without too much messing about setting up new operatng bases, unless Cannock was retained as an out station?

Bob

According to the Driver training guy who was watching the driver of the X51 Wednesday morning the X51 might be coming into Cannock hourly! That was he said they were hoping to be doing

Westy

Quote from: Bob on March 12, 2017, 03:53:25 PM
According to the Driver training guy who was watching the driver of the X51 Wednesday morning the X51 might be coming into Cannock hourly! That was he said they were hoping to be doing

If thats the case, they will be slightly short of Platinums at Walsall surely if the PVR increases unless any can be nicked from elsewhere?

Pete50492

Quote from: Westy on March 12, 2017, 03:48:28 PM
Presumbly if they did that, they might further reorganise & put Shrewsbury & Telford as part of Arriva Wales!

I suspect NX might get involved further with the routes from Cannock & Hednesford south back into WM county as they'd be the next nearest to run without too much messing about setting up new operatng bases, unless Cannock was retained as an out station?

Doubt Cannock would be retained. It's the one serious tangible asset that Arriva have got round here. They will want to maximise their returns so my guess is that will be sold to a developer as it's a prime site. Given Cannock's marginal profitability the most logical outcome as I see it is for NXWM to take a chunk of it by recasting services from Walsall/Brownhills & Wolverhampton. someone like D & G perhaps might end up with Stafford & Rugeley with perhaps Midland Classic or Central Buses taking on some of the Lichfield corridor. I doubt Arriva will remain in Cannock much longer
Cannock

Bob

How long dya reckon before they do one? Stafford services are dwindling away and a lot of Cannocks routes must just about break even. I can see more cuts coming. Where else but Cannock would a route get cut after being sapphired?

Bob

61 maybe...71...75...or cut 74 back to hourly or the 2 they're all pretty dead

Pete50492

Quote from: Bob on March 13, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
How long dya reckon before they do one? Stafford services are dwindling away and a lot of Cannocks routes must just about break even. I can see more cuts coming. Where else but Cannock would a route get cut after being sapphired?

Dunno Bob, but I don't imagine it'll be too long. Arriva's German parent company clearly want them to maximise profitability hence their current tendency to gravitate resources towards their most profitable areas. Cannock's gradual downgrades are clear evidence of this, add to that the rumours that appear to abound and the significant financial asset that is Cannock garage then it will I'm sure be sooner rather than later. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that some sort of negotiations are going on in the background somewhere though I hasten to add that's just my opinion.

MW

What are the "main" routes in Cannock then? The Ines that wouldn't get axed?

Kevin

Jesus if you didn't post so much stuff repeating yourself on 5 different threads and asking questions that don't need asking it wouldn't be an issue
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

He's got OCD mate its a mental illness 😊

P419 EJW

Quote from: SI on March 14, 2017, 02:35:42 AM
I am now bowing out
of postings on forum
for good as have now
posted 100 post here
which was my limit....
am now bowing out
and deleting account
i wont be back again
with a new account
that is a guarantee
Bye to all the fellow
Cannock enthusiasts
Bye Tony : Winston

TONY / WINSTON

CAN YOU DELETE
ACCOUNT PLEASE

THANK YOU

Are you sure this will be your very last account? In the past, I seem to recall you coming back on the forum under a different alias couple of times. ::)

Dom

Quote from: SI on March 14, 2017, 02:35:42 AM
I am now bowing out
of postings on forum
for good as have now
posted 100 post here
which was my limit ,
have exhausted post
about Arriva Cannock
Arriva Tamworth & i
have exhausted post
Arriva Wednesfield :
am now bowing out
and deleting account
i wont be back again
with a new account
that is a guarantee ,
as have had enough !
time to move on so
my OCD can improve
it wont improve on
while on forum , so
no more post by me
Bye to all the fellow
Cannock enthusiasts
Bye Tony : Winston

TONY / WINSTON

CAN YOU DELETE
ACCOUNT PLEASE

THANK YOU

Could you not of just created a new thread instead of changing another one?!

BN

Pulsars coming back to Cannock.

winston

Quote from: BN on March 16, 2017, 05:37:50 PM
Pulsars coming back to Cannock.

What will they be replacing?

Busman Jamie

The 57 plate ones that went to Oswestry??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk