News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2015, 05:07:26 PM
Decent? Streetlites are rubbish! Painfully slow, incredibly noisy, and naff gears.  Not to mention hard riding. The Commanders were better, and that's saying something considering the rotten condition they were in whilst working the 1s. Theyre better now they've had a re trim

On the Facebook 'Firstgroup' enthusiast group a lot of First drivers are now singing the praises of StreetLites now they have settled in saying they are a pleasure to drive, which wasn't the response when they first had them, Looks like First have got theirs set correctly now

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on September 06, 2015, 05:12:11 PM
On the Facebook 'Firstgroup' enthusiast group a lot of First drivers are now singing the praises of StreetLites now they have settled in saying they are a pleasure to drive, which wasn't the response when they first had them, Looks like First have got theirs set correctly now

The ones at Olive Grove in Sheffield are super!! In other words I love a bus with a gearbox that screams (I know I'm a veg). Potteries and Wyvern haven't got theirs fine tuned yet.

As for Arriva Midlands. I haven't had one since the spring but Telford's from day one had potential to be good.

BN

Quote from: Westy on September 06, 2015, 04:52:25 PM
Why cant Cannock keep them? Any decent vehicle Cannock & Wednesfield have, they always get moved out elsewhere.

Bet the next time they'll get seen in the West Midlands is when they're on their last legs!

Westy, yes its a shame Cannock can't keep them unfortunately they need to be on a Sapphire route. If it helps, they are sticking to the Midlands and will be back out soon with new branding.

Westy

Quote from: BN on September 06, 2015, 06:12:20 PM
Westy, yes its a shame Cannock can't keep them unfortunately they need to be on a Sapphire route. If it helps, they are sticking to the Midlands and will be back out soon with new branding.

Bearing in mind there was issues when they first arrived, surely keeping them as spares should have been a priority?

BN

3706 and 3707 have left for Burton.

Alex

Quote from: BN on September 06, 2015, 06:12:20 PM

Why am I getting the feeling that they've left/leaving for Tamworth...

Quote from: williamposh on August 10, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
There may be Streetlites on the 110 sooner than you think
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

John

Quote from: BN on September 05, 2015, 06:16:12 PM
2 Streetlites have been placed in reserve from today.

I take it just these two are leaving Cannock?

Steveminor

2 stafford mpds running extra services on 74 today

Ck

Is that a permanent thing or just due to the road works

Steveminor

Well they're leaving just in front of our buses with the normal service bus right behind so I don't think it's due to roadworks.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on September 08, 2015, 03:50:59 PM
Well they're leaving just in front of our buses with the normal service bus right behind so I don't think it's due to roadworks.

Have their tactics had much effect of Social's loadings? I assume they haven't matched your fares

Busman Jamie

i noticed bu51kwn on 74 yesterday with cannocks decker leaving about 30 mins after

Steveminor

Well at one point today they had 3 74s leave cannock within 15 mins of each other. What a stupid company arriva are cause most passengers can see what they're upto & are still waiting for us so all arriva are doing is wasting fuel & wages & if the tc spots them, well isn't that one of the factors in why travel express & grs lost their licences purposely blocking & running in front of another operator to deprive them of passengers.
Arriva aren't only doing that but their extra buses aren't even registered.

Bob

Desperate measures lol.....looking at the Facebook page the changes to the 1 & 2, increased journey time  and reduction in frequency are pretty much universally hated.  Nice one

Bob

Quote from: Steveminor on September 10, 2015, 02:45:25 PM
Well at one point today they had 3 74s leave cannock within 15 mins of each other. What a stupid company arriva are cause most passengers can see what they're upto & are still waiting for us so all arriva are doing is wasting fuel & wages & if the tc spots them, well isn't that one of the factors in why travel express & grs lost their licences purposely blocking & running in front of another operator to deprive them of passengers.
Arriva aren't only doing that but their extra buses aren't even registered.

Report them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk