News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: BN on February 13, 2015, 09:00:09 PM
3811 delivered today.
And out on the 33 today

3808 is on the 75
3809 is on the X60

Westy

And the fares are going up soon!

I was going to have a run up to Cannock to try out a Sapphire but I couldnt be bothered!

By the way, where do you get the bus leaflets from in Cannock?

I looked for that market stall after the last time I asked & couldnt find it & the Prince Of Wales had out of date leaflets!

Bob

I then caught 3809 on the X60.  Awful. The bus only moved with the driver over revving the hell out of it. Full of rattles filthy inside cans of skol super at the back etc. The driver said there was something wrong with the gearbox as it was jumping around all over the place. On the 50 stretch up to pipe hill island it sounded like it was going to blow up with the engine and gears going absolutely mental. Only one passenger got on between lichfield and tamworth.  The central bus left about 5 min before,  busy.

Bob

There seems to be quite a few single deckers on the 74/5 lately, incl peak time journeys. Whats going on there? !. As for timetables could try the library

Bob

3809s gearbox is definitely faulty. The drivers words  were "b#####d terrible". Its slipping over revving and jerking its way along the fast stretch to tamworth

Bob

The X60 is far to slo, why not run an hourly 60 and an hourly X60 from cannock as a proper express, promote it etc. Nobody realistically is going to want to sit on a bus for an hour and a half almost and Central look like they've largely got the numbers between lichfield and tamworth so its probably doomed. Coupled with downgrading it from mercs to absolute tat

cannockanorak

citaro 3004 on the X60 this morning at Cannock,is this a regular occurrence or covering a Cannock duty ? (assuming its still a tamworth bus) nice to see a bit of variety !!!  :D

the trainbasher

Bob, your moaning about Arriva is tiresome. We know you hate Cannock but we don't need to hear about it 50 times a day!!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Perhaps if Arriva took pride in the fleet, Bob wouldnt need to slag it off.

Do you read the Facebook page?

Bob's posts are mild compared to the complaints on there.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 14, 2015, 01:17:48 PM
Bob, your moaning about Arriva is tiresome. We know you hate Cannock but we don't need to hear about it 50 times a day!!!

Not moaning. Stating a point. Service has declined since cannock took it on. You think its acceptable to run faulty buses in service?  And to not replace broken down ones when the garage is five mins away? And to provide a good image by running buses with knackered gearboxes on an express route with fast stretches? Credit where its due but none of the above deserve credit. For example when tamworth had trouble on the 110 a couple of weeks ago they despatched extra buses to maintain service.  That deserves credit/praise. Cannock due to the condition of still a fair proportion of the fleet still suffer numerous reliability issues yet extremely rarely replace broken down vehicles,  passsengers can just wait.  That doesnt deserve any compliment

arrifirststage

Quote from: Bob on February 14, 2015, 01:52:34 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on February 14, 2015, 01:17:48 PM

Not moaning. Stating a point. Service has declined since cannock took it on. You think its acceptable to run faulty buses in service?  And to not replace broken down ones when the garage is five mins away? And to provide a good image by running buses with knackered gearboxes on an express route with fast stretches? Credit where its due but none of the above deserve credit. For example when tamworth had trouble on the 110 a couple of weeks ago they despatched extra buses to maintain service.  That deserves credit/praise. Cannock due to the condition of still a fair proportion of the fleet still suffer numerous reliability issues yet extremely rarely replace broken down vehicles,  passsengers can just wait.  That doesnt deserve any compliment
Bob,have you ever written to Arriva Cannock garage to complain or called at the garage to complain personally?
If things are as bad as you say,write to your local councillor or even your MP.
You sure as hell are not improving the service by constantly moaning on this forum,make some effort and stir it up with people who are able to make a difference.......with the added bonus of giving all our ears a rest.

Bob

What so when theyre S##t I shouldnt criticise and kiss their arse like certain people on here. ....hmmmmm...complain to arriva are you having a laugh? ???? Have you seen their responses to complaints? Jesus. ..

the trainbasher

Write to your member of parliament, write to your councillor, write to vosa, write to the Pope.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Oh and incidentally the crap reliability and poor condition of some buses have been discussed at local council meetings theres minutes on the net if you Google them.  So its obviously already been raised by someone.  Doesnt seem to have made much difference to be honest. .

Bob

Have you seen who our MP is?? The nazi uniform wearing pro privatisation tory pillock? Id imagine he thinks along the lines of Mrs T that any one over a certain age who uses a bus is a failure in life... lol. Hopefully we'll have a decent one after the election

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk