News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Quote from: Bob on October 19, 2014, 12:59:59 AM
They go into service on 27th October.  If theyre 44 seater buses judging by how small they look I wouldnt imagine the legroom will be brilliant.

The legroom on the TF examples isn't too bad tbf. But I didn't think that they seated that many people!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Quote from: BN on October 19, 2014, 10:19:09 AM
Quote from: arrivadays on October 18, 2014, 08:20:53 PM
Where the voith Volvos going?

Possibility of being new Training vehicles. Not confirmed yet.

Such a waste! W109 EWU doesn't ( and hasnt ever) sound too good and must hold the record for breakdowns but 3617/8 are really nice smooth buses far nicer to travel on than any other of cannocks efforts. Are they any more buses due to go when the streetlites enter service?  Are cannock going to ever catch up with other garages refurb wise? I know 3701 has been done are the rest of the ex route 1 buses to follow? And if any of the 51 plate darts apart from bu51 kwn are staying will they get done too? Good to see the deckers in use. The 75 wasnt mega busy yesterday but a lady passenger who uses it for work said they are most definitely needed during the week!  Lets hope they stay on there

Bob

Presumably they are going to curtail the 1/2/2A to operate walsall to cannock only at some point?  Otherwise the branding is incorrect?  I looked at the photos, the seats look theyre really crammed in especially towards the back of the bus.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on October 19, 2014, 09:39:31 PM
Presumably they are going to curtail the 1/2/2A to operate walsall to cannock only at some point?  Otherwise the branding is incorrect?  I looked at the photos, the seats look theyre really crammed in especially towards the back of the bus.

The branding is not incorrect, lots of branding doesn't show the final part of a route if not all buses go there, and the seating doesn't looked cramped from the photos, you can actually see the head rests on both seats which makes them looked close, but means the opposite or the gangway one would be hidden

Bob

End points? Huntington is the start point for 99per cent of 1 journeys? Maybe nx should exclude walsall and change it to Blue coat school? Lol

Bob

For the X51 I meant :)

arrivadays

Bob, if you read my comment before - the legroom is more than enough on these SLs. Michael Jordan wouldn't have difficulty sitting on one of these. They're the Max versions as well - so it's not like you can get any better (but you shouldn't need better).
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

So its better than a cadet or b6 then legroom wise?

arrivadays

Yep - definetely. The backs of the seats in front don't touch your legs/knees.

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on October 20, 2014, 12:01:22 AM
End points? Huntington is the start point for 99per cent of 1 journeys? Maybe nx should exclude walsall and change it to Blue coat school? Lol

Generic branding so the buses can be used on both routes surely? Like NX's Harborne branding
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Theyre putting the fare from Cannock to Walsall up from £2.30 ( or 2.40) up to £3.30 for a one way! Thats ridiculous! ! The trains cheaper!  Theyve slipped that in on the quiet. ....

Westy

Quote from: Bob on October 21, 2014, 04:33:21 PM
Theyre putting the fare from Cannock to Walsall up from £2.30 ( or 2.40) up to £3.30 for a one way! Thats ridiculous! ! The trains cheaper!  Theyve slipped that in on the quiet. ....

Is it still £6.20 for a Daysaver?

It would work out cheaper if you used it in both directions, like Nx does!

Bob

Hmmmm maybe the x51 to cannock might pick up a few passengers...

leewhayward29

Quote from: Bob on October 21, 2014, 05:34:55 PM

Why don't nxwm set up a service to cannock all day?
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

andy

Quote from: leewhayward29 on October 21, 2014, 06:12:04 PM
Quote from: Bob on October 21, 2014, 05:34:55 PM

Why don't nxwm set up a service to cannock all day?

Here we go again......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk