News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

Quote from: uniquicity on February 07, 2014, 12:22:46 PM
If 2098 is the last named one and 5 Mercs were done, that suggests 2094-98 will be branded?

2095-2098 are X96 branded so 4 in total

nitromatt1

Currently enjoying an empty 4815 on the 244

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on February 08, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

Did that do the 8PM from Dudley?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on February 08, 2014, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Matt on February 08, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

Did that do the 8PM from Dudley?

Yes. 9pm was 1706, I think - which has a new megarear, with what looked like a big speech bubble.

Stu

Travelled on 2086 today on the 120 as I was visiting my parents; had to laugh (to myself of course), when the driver stalled the bus at the Thimblemill Road / Queens Road junction this morning! He had his arms in the air as everything shut off and he shouted "don't know what that was!", luckily for us, just a few seconds later it started up. As I got off two stops off after, I overheard the driver telling another disembarking passenger "get off while you can, these Volvos ain't no good!".

The funny thing also was that 2086 was also the bus I got later to get back to Broad Street this evening, different driver mind.

(Then to my surprise, it was 1931 that turned up on the 1, which was the same bus I got this morning to Broad Street - talk about synchronicity!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

How can you stall an automatic? Never knew you could; Excuse my naivety as I'm only 16 years of age and only tried driving a manual at a Young Driver course at the NEC.

mranon

these b7's have a habit of doing it. if you say crawling in traffic, its as if it changes gear too soon, but cant go back into 1st quick enough. hence the stalling. its hard to explain, but some of wn's allocation do it

Liverpool Street

Quote from: mranon on February 09, 2014, 09:45:32 PM
these b7's have a habit of doing it. if you say crawling in traffic, its as if it changes gear too soon, but cant go back into 1st quick enough. hence the stalling. its hard to explain, but some of wn's allocation do it

And ALL of BC's when new. Good news was BC's management listened to the drivers and got a modification fairly quickly so they no longer cut-out like how you've mentioned. I'm surprised WN's haven't had this mod yet.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 10, 2014, 10:58:43 AM

And ALL of BC's when new. Good news was BC's management listened to the drivers and got a modification fairly quickly so they no longer cut-out like how you've mentioned. I'm surprised WN's haven't had this mod yet.

I had one of Pensnett's do it on the 244 getting on for a year back, seemed to confuse the driver. I don't remember seeing ours do it many times though.

danny

Been on a BC one when it    stalled when new on 98 and a fwe PE one. Absolutely cacked myself. The jerking motion was just violent and I honestly thought the bus had rear ended something
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: danny on February 10, 2014, 02:07:10 PM
Been on a BC one when it    stalled when new on 98 and a fwe PE one. Absolutely cacked myself. The jerking motion was just violent and I honestly thought the bus had rear ended something

Indeed it is quite a jolt. Surprised they weren't all took off the road whilst the update was being installed. They didn't experience any down-time, mind.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

richie

2104 was at PN today???

winston

Quote from: richie on February 10, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
2104 was at PN today???

I wonder if 7026 moving to AG has released it to PN?

BN

Quote from: Matt on February 10, 2014, 01:53:35 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 10, 2014, 10:58:43 AM

I had one of Pensnett's do it on the 244 getting on for a year back, seemed to confuse the driver. I don't remember seeing ours do it many times though.

The mod was done as a campaign, all of WN's were done a while back.

richie

Quote from: Winston on February 10, 2014, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: richie on February 10, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
2104 was at PN today???

I wonder if 7026 moving to AG has released it to PN?

I meant to find out but I forgot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk