News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 04:11:16 PM
Both hospitals being connected would be very useful. Wouldn't change the route just add on.

How many people need to travel between two hospitals run by different NHS trusts. No staff different employers, and if I had something wrong with me so bad one hospital couldn't treat it I don't think they would put me on an hour bus ride to another hospital

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
How many people need to travel between two hospitals run by different NHS trusts. No staff different employers, and if I had something wrong with me so bad one hospital couldn't treat it I don't think they would put me on an hour bus ride to another hospital

This is the best discussion we've had in a while...

BusFan94

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
I think you'd be in an Ambulance that's what there used for @Trident 4194 
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Tony

Trident 4194

You can't tell me the 99 gets delayed between Halesowen and beginning of harborne high street. The speed limits on most roads are only 20/30 mph, so surely there just not giving the drivers enough running time. Traffic is not a problem except for a couple of parked cars. Out of interest @Tony can you show me a journey where the 99 has been late in this section?

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
You can't tell me the 99 gets delayed between Halesowen and beginning of harborne high street. The speed limits on most roads are only 20/30 mph, so surely there just not giving the drivers enough running time. Traffic is not a problem except for a couple of parked cars. Out of interest @Tony can you show me a journey where the 99 has been late in this section?
Bath Row heading into the City is congested a lot of the time because of Holloway Circus. @Trident 4194

Tony

Nearly all of Birmingham has 20/30mph speed limits on it, doesn't stop traffic problems, you really do post some rubbish.
There are loads of journeys where the 99 has problems between Halesowen & Harborne, quite often caused by badly parked cars

Quote from: Jack B on February 28, 2017, 05:41:08 PM
Bath Row heading into the City is congested a lot of the time because of Holloway Circus. @Trident 4194
Yes Bath Row and Holloway Head does get congested a lot towards the City Centre only.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Will

@Trident 4194  with all due respect please shut the hell up you have absolutely no idea what your talking about ::) ::)
Stourbridge   125

sonic84

Think a lot of people will be upset to lose their direct link to Birmingham if the 99 is cut is half, particularly along Worlds End and Welsh House Farm.

Surely instead of extending this 4H / 244 switch an extension of the 99 to Hayley green would have made more sense and provided Hayley Green with much better links.

Quote from: sonic84 on February 28, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
Think a lot of people will be upset to lose their direct link to Birmingham if the 99 is cut is half, particularly along Worlds End and Welsh House Farm.
Plus the useful link it provides between Harborne and The University
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on February 28, 2017, 06:13:03 PM

Surely instead of extending this 4H / 244 switch an extension of the 99 to Hayley green would have made more sense and provided Hayley Green with much better links.

That's the thing, Hasbury has now lost direct services to Dudley etc, yet gained a load more services to places already more than adequately served by Diamond. There's only so many people that will want to travel beyond Halesowen to Blackheath, West Bromwich & Walsall, they're not places most want to / would consider travelling to from Hasbury.

At least the original 244 offered an alternative choice of places served, served different roads around Hasbury & Hayley Green and in a different order.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on February 28, 2017, 07:09:23 PM
That's the thing, Hasbury has now lost direct services to Dudley etc, yet gained a load more services to places already more than adequately served by Diamond. There's only so many people that will want to travel beyond Halesowen to Blackheath, West Bromwich & Walsall, they're not places most want to / would consider travelling to from Hasbury.

At least the original 244 offered an alternative choice of places served, served different roads around Hasbury & Hayley Green and in a different order.

Exactly what I said earlier. Completely agree with you.

Stuharris 6360

Exactly @Winston , one service is unreliable, so you bugger everybody elses services up so as that one service is reliable again.

So Tony says the 99 is a broken service, but the 244 and 4H weren't broken, absolutely ridiculous.

As I have said before, NE couldn't be bothered with the people of Dudley & Sandwell, thats why they have launched the cheaper tickets there. Then if everything goes wrong with them, they can blame those people instead of the people of Birmingham!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2017, 07:25:12 PM
Exactly @Winston , one service is unreliable, so you bugger everybody elses services up so as that one service is reliable again.

So Tony says the 99 is a broken service, but the 244 and 4H weren't broken, absolutely ridiculous.

As I have said before, NE couldn't be bothered with the people of Dudley & Sandwell, thats why they have launched the cheaper tickets there. Then if everything goes wrong with them, they can blame those people instead of the people of Birmingham!!

We've had Trident 4194 telling us about late running on the 243/4 for ages, so NX try and make it more reliable by making it shorter. .

Why has it screwed up the 4H?

The second paragraph just deserve contempt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk