News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 03, 2017, 02:34:51 PM
There are other options for NX, 4H or 99 extended and do the loop.

I do wonder about the future of the 244, it could easily be withdrawn as the 243 covers Dudley - Old Hill and the X10 covers Old Hill to Halesowen.

I can remember when the 636 went to fox hunt.

Nx going to try and compete head to head then. Hope customers remain loyal to diamond.

@Winston to be honest there are a lot of people that use buses round that area

ARBB

I heard they were withdrawing the 244 loop because it picks up a lot more people than the diamond 4H............

Do people really think that NX wouldn't cover the loop with another service ? (Not the 99)

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 03, 2017, 02:02:22 PM
Am wondering what route the 243 will take from Lyde Green to Cradley Heath Interchange, will it go direct or will it still go via Netherend & Dunn's Bank?

Personally I think it could go direct and the 004 get diverted instead, meaning people will still have a direct service to Merry Hill??

@Stuharris 6360 from what I've been told, it'll be exactly the same as it is now to Quarry bank, then turn right and go to the train station instead of merry hill.

Dom

Quote from: pndriver on January 03, 2017, 03:36:43 PM
@Stuharris 6360 from what I've been told, it'll be exactly the same as it is now to Quarry bank, then turn right and go to the train station instead of merry hill.

I've heard that but then I also heard it'll do the timbertree bit then go back towards Cradley heath high street turn left and down to the rail station that way.

winston

Quote from: pndriver on January 03, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
Do people really think that NX wouldn't cover the loop with another service ? (Not the 99)

Yes - because the number of passengers using buses from Hasbury/Hayley Green has fallen over the years, as has the frequency of buses & choice of routes/desinations & operators.

Mike K

Quote from: pndriver on January 03, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
I heard they were withdrawing the 244 loop because it picks up a lot more people than the diamond 4H............

Your signature says that Birmingham to Hasbury and Hayley Green loop will be covered by a new Platinum express route and that there will be a 24 hour Platinum express route coming later. Also something about 30 new Streedecks?

My Japanese is not what it used to be, sorry.

Quote from: Squiz1971 on January 03, 2017, 01:18:37 PM
The 97 doesn't go any where near Marston Green, 72 & 14 are the only buses that go through Marston Green by the station. The 59a may do too cannot remember fully, I know this is off topic before anybody starts but I am answering part of @Stuharris 6360  . In fact that was the old 99 route which changed/was withdrawn in the late 90's I think
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 03, 2017, 12:45:45 PM
and according to the email, the 243 is Dudley - Timbertree- Dudley? Is this just a mistake or is it being curtailed to.

Saying that it says the 99 goes from Birmingham to Marston Green via Lea Hall station, take it that is the 97.
Yes the 59A and 59C go to Marston Green Station. The (Central Buses) 91,  (NXWM) 71A and (Claribels and Sunny Travel) 71E also go to Marston Green Station in addition to the 14 and 72.
The email says the 56 goes from Birmingham to Marston Green Station via The Radleys.
It goes nowhere near Marston Green and The Radleys.
It also says the 99 goes from Birmingham to  Chelmsley Wood via Lea Hall Station. It goes nowhere Chelmsley Wood, or Lea Hall.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2017, 04:13:23 PM
Yes the 59A and 59C go to Marston Green Station. The (Central Buses) 91,  (NXWM) 71A and (Claribels and Sunny Travel) 71E also go to Marston Green Station in addition to the 14 and 72.
The email says the 56 goes from Birmingham to Marston Green Station via The Radleys.
It also says the 99 goes from Birmingham to  Chelmsley Wood via Lea Hall Station. It goes nowhere Chelmsley Wood, or Lea Hall.

Clearly some very out of date information on there. The old 99 used to operate that very route and there was a 56 Coventry Rd service that turned left at the Wheatsheaf and then went to Marston Green station via the Radleys.

Adam 404

Quote from: Mike K on January 03, 2017, 04:11:06 PM
Your signature says that Birmingham to Hasbury and Hayley Green loop will be covered by a new Platinum express route and that there will be a 24 hour Platinum express route coming later. Also something about 30 new Streedecks?

My Japanese is not what it used to be, sorry.
Google translate has this to say about PN Drivers signature:

"New express route between Birmingham and Hasbury and Platinum

Another high frequency platinum route

Two 4 Hailey Green Loops (but it will be dealt with late)

Platinum expresses 9

Thirty 鉑 Gold Streethead Deck" - Google Translate.

Adam 404

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2017, 04:13:23 PM
It also mentions the Walsall 70 instead of the Birmingham to Chelmsley Wood 70 service when referring to changes in Priory Queensway.

karl724223

Work on merry hill bus station will start on 16/1/17 buses with layover will be parking on car park in front of halfords work lasting till April
243 Dudley cradley heath
244 Dudley Halesowen then onto ??
4h Walsall Hayley green
Crimson single deckers ??

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 03, 2017, 04:37:40 PM
It also mentions the Walsall 70 instead of the Birmingham to Solihull 70 service when referring to changes in Priory Queensway.
The 70 operates between Birmingham City Centre and Chelmsley Wood. Not Birmingham City Centre and Solihull. The Chelmsley Wood to Solihull section was withdrawn over a year ago.
It also says the 72 operates between Chelmsley Wood and Solihull via Marston Green. Though it was extended to Birmingham City Centre in 2010.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on January 03, 2017, 04:37:51 PM
Work on merry hill bus station will start on 16/1/17 buses with layover will be parking on car park in front of halfords
243 Dudley cradley heath
244 Dudley Halesowen then onto ??
4h Walsall Hayley green
Crimson single deckers ??

Stourbridge via the 142?  ::) ::)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ARBB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk