News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 02, 2016, 07:23:04 PM
I agree @Roy that it works, however I would have thought that cutting down on dead mileage will save fuel costs, therefore cutting fare increases.

My initial post was eluding to savings you've mentioned plus I would surmise from a driver's perspective it'd be good as they a larger pool of routes to driver but having said that I would think it increases the garage's responsibilities ? Route allocation wise it'd probably be great !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

don

NXWM certainly used to have each garage as a cost centre, making it accountable for its own routes and performance. Thus sharing routes between garages would make this more complex and possibly wouldn't work from an accounting point of view.

But there are certainly routes where joint working would appear attractive operationally for instance the 900.

There are still archaic practices in the bus industry from years back - an example - the area I live in has a major group operating based on an old NBC company - back in the years of MAP buses were taken off normal services in parts of the morning peak to operate school runs - and guess what - there are still holes in the AM peak services caused by the same reason!! Yet there are other local operators who could pick up the school journeys ( the majority are run by independents anyway) - the practice must date from the 70s!!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stuharris 6360

There could be other benefits of multi garage operation, for example road works causing heavy delay to a service, then a garage could put out an additional driver and bus (subject to availability of course) to cut down any gaps in service. Although my suggestion would cause more dead mileage in a way, but at least services would run.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

I wonder who will be watching the X96 tomorrow and be first to report it if it happens
@Dom @pndriver

Dom

Quote from: karl724223 on December 03, 2016, 06:01:56 PM
I wonder who will be watching the X96 tomorrow and be first to report it if it happens
@Dom @pndriver

Waiting to see the veg sat in Merry Hill now.... @karl724223

Stu

@Dom @pndriver

Spare Platinums?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

December Double Decker X96s  or is the x96 going platinum  ;D
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on December 03, 2016, 06:34:40 PM
December Double Decker X96s  or is the x96 going platinum  ;D

4196 was on x96 Tuesday

ARBB

@karl724223 I'm on the X96 tomorrow..... I'll tell you who's been licking the windows

Mike K

@Dom @pndriver

Ah congratulations to the Pensnett thread. 500 pages long, 12 pages of meaningful insight, 488 pages of utter ********.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on December 03, 2016, 11:29:22 PM
Ah congratulations to the Pensnett thread. 500 pages long, 12 pages of meaningful insight, 488 pages of utter ********.

Couldn't agree more @Mike K & same people still creating the crap. Not content with taking over the Pensnett thread, they've also started on the Untimetable 'E' workings thread aswell.

John

Quote from: Winston on December 03, 2016, 11:55:31 PM
Couldn't agree more @Mike K & same people still creating the crap. Not content with taking over the Pensnett thread, they've also started on the Untimetable 'E' workings thread aswell.

The Cannock thread is the same too

don

Quote from: Winston on December 03, 2016, 11:55:31 PM

Aw c'mon Winston, it's certainly entertaining sometimes. I for one am looking forward to seeing what routes the Platinums might end up on in their spare time 😏
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on December 04, 2016, 10:00:16 AM
Aw c'mon Winston, it's certainly entertaining sometimes. I for one am looking forward to seeing what routes the Platinums might end up on in their spare time 😏

Maybe for the first couple of times, then after......  :'(

ARBB

2095 & 2098 on X96

6119 on X10

No platinums available

Update X10 very busy along broad Street today. One was 20mins late @Trident 4194 @karl724223 @Dom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk