News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris on November 26, 2015, 09:23:26 PM
RTI on amblecote road X96 diverted via old 287 route then back on to route

@Chris , which way do you mean, via Sainsburys?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 26, 2015, 09:25:36 PM
@Chris , which way do you mean, via Sainsburys?

Yeah down delph, turned into turners lane, along gayfield avenue left on sandringham way right onto normal line of route so sort of the 287 route
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris on November 26, 2015, 09:29:12 PM
Yeah down delph, turned into turners lane, along gayfield avenue left on sandringham way right onto normal line of route so sort of the 287 route

Thanks @Chris
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Solo1

Any news on when the demo will be at Pensnett

Trident 4609

Quote from: Solo1 on November 26, 2015, 09:40:19 PM
Any news on when the demo will be at Pensnett

Demo? There is no demo due at Pensnett.

All that is due is a seed vehicle, a Streetdeck. It is in full NX moquette and has stnfard NX spec interior. I assume it is in Crimson?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on November 26, 2015, 09:45:28 PM
Demo? There is no demo due at Pensnett.

All that is due is a seed vehicle, a Streetdeck. It is in full NX moquette and has stnfard NX spec interior. I assume it is in Crimson?

Quite surprised that NE want a one off vehicle, means keeping spare parts for it, surely expensive if you have to buy them in small quantity?

domino.99

Stupid question, whats the difference between a seed vehicle and a demo

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on November 26, 2015, 09:49:56 PM

Not a daft question @Dom because I was thinking the same.

Maybe, and I don't know, demos are loaned to NE for evaluation, but seed vehicles are given to NE to use as they wish for as long as they wish?????  :-\ :-\

MW

A seed vehicle is one that is basically purchased by the company. So in it's spec. See 4697/98. So the company owns it.

A demo is basically a tester. Like going to a car dealership and enquiring about a vehicle. They might give you a demonstrator vehicle to see what it's like for the day, or even the weekend. Same with a demo bus, but usually longer than a weekend of course. The manufacturer/dealer owns the demo, and it eventually returns back.

domino.99

So the streetdeck will stay at NX for the foreseeable future? Once it arrives that is.

Gareth

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 26, 2015, 09:54:36 PM
Not a daft question @Dom because I was thinking the same.

Maybe, and I don't know, demos are loaned to NE for evaluation, but seed vehicles are given to NE to use as they wish for as long as they wish?????  :-\ :-\

4697 and 4698 were both 'seed' vehicles. Usually bought on favourable terms in the hope that orders will be placed. The fact that NX have bought a streetdeck rather than borrow a demonstrator suggests that there are future orders being considered.

Edit - post at more or less the same time as MW. Sorry to repeat.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 26, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
Quite surprised that NE want a one off vehicle, means keeping spare parts for it, surely expensive if you have to buy them in small quantity?

I'll try and find the post, but i'm sure Tony has stated in a recent pos the purpose behind purchasing a seed vehicle.

Yes @Dom i'd imagine it would stay. 4697 and 4698 are both seed vehicles. They are still here....

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on November 26, 2015, 10:01:17 PM
I'll try and find the post, but i'm sure Tony has stated in a recent pos the purpose behind purchasing a seed vehicle.

Yes @Dom i'd imagine it would stay. 4697 and 4698 are both seed vehicles. They are still here....

Yeah, Tony said this.

Ronnoc

Well this may be wrong but a seed vehicle may be a vehicle loaned to a company or ordered by it for evaluation and a demonstrator is a vehicle which is a demonstrator mainly for the bus builder too, like 4698, as one of the first Enviro 400's built. I may be wrong but hopefully this should help.

Trident4590

4425 been on 120 for two days now and has to be the cleanest alx400 Trident I've seen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk