News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

I don't really like newer buses, there is just something about them that seems underpowered, I am starting to miss the old E400s' on the 50, sure they were completely tatty from the outside and inside but they were much better then the MMC's, it is nice to see different buses on different routes instead of the regulars.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on June 08, 2015, 09:47:04 PM
I don't really like newer buses, there is just something about them that seems underpowered, I am starting to miss the old E400s' on the 50, sure they were completely tatty from the outside and inside but they were much better then the MMC's, it is nice to see different buses on different routes instead of the regulars.

You may well be right and i certainly miss 4800 -29 at PE. I do wonder why they didn't refurbish them and put them in the new livery, but keep them at PE. Although i know some people like the tridents, to me putting a Trident on the 9 is a PR disaster. A number of E400s should have been kept at PE (which i think was the original plan) which could have been put in new livery to back up the MMCs.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 08, 2015, 09:59:16 PM
You may well be right and i certainly miss 4800 -29 at PE. I do wonder why they didn't refurbish them and put them in the new livery, but keep them at PE. Although i know some people like the tridents, to me putting a Trident on the 9 is a PR disaster. A number of E400s should have been kept at PE (which i think was the original plan) which could have been put in new livery to back up the MMCs.
Same should've been done to the 50 but the transfers of the E400's might be to replace the euro 3's because of the 2017 emission rule (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

Stuharris 6360

I do wonder whether all this has anything to do with Sprint, when the service begins you are not going to need a 7/8 minute frequency on the 9, i would have thought off peak maybe 10/12 minutes would be acceptable.

Therefore am sure that 15 buses could well manage a frequency like that and the other MMCs would be transferred to another garage.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 08, 2015, 09:59:16 PM

Disaster or not, a Trident is better then no bus turning up?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on June 09, 2015, 11:03:26 AM
2079 on the 9

IMO, better than a Trident!

Maybe NE should repaint several of the B7Rles in new livery so that they can be used on the 9 and look smart and in keeping with the other buses.

Tony

Two more buses not likely to be around much longer are 1518 (hasn't been out today); 1630 (just come out as a change bus on the 289)

Get them both while you can, there is no definite withdrawal date, but I wouldn't expect either to see the next two weeks out

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2015, 06:39:39 PM
Two more buses not likely to be around much longer are 1518 (hasn't been out today); 1630 (just come out as a change bus on the 289)

Get them both while you can, there is no definite withdrawal date, but I wouldn't expect either to see the next two weeks out

There both awful in my opinion

karl724223

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on June 09, 2015, 06:58:21 PM
Page 400 well done lads

I bet if you delete all the crap,the page number will more than halve!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Nathan on June 09, 2015, 07:03:04 PM
I bet if you delete all the crap,the page number will more than halve!

It shows we have the best garage

Tara4352

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 09, 2015, 07:13:19 PM
Yes with about 5 buses out of action

arrifirststage

Almost all the postings are meaningless trivia by very young members with no sense of history or tradition.
Some members will never be able to take a wide interest in buses.......far too absorbed with the minutiae of NX.

Mike K

Bizarre comment. If everyone posted a running commentary of every vehicle on their local routes on a daily basis, all garage threads would be 400 pages long.

Except Bordesley.

MW

No offence to people working at PE, but this depot is a right dump. There's literally some toilets and a couple of vending machines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk