News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 24, 2015, 05:46:57 PM
1631 has a tyre (nearside rear) that is bald on the outer part, how often are these things checked?

Often enough to know that an illegal tyre was not in use. All National Express Tyres are leased from the tyre companies who visit every garage and check wear on all vehicles and replace as needed

HAJ1073

You beat me to the reply Tony!!  Was just going to say daily so this must be a random act by the tyre balder!!

Tony

Quote from: HAJ1073 on February 24, 2015, 06:28:09 PM
You beat me to the reply Tony!!  Was just going to say daily so this must be a random act by the tyre balder!!

The legal limit for tyres is 1.6mm of tread over 75% of the tyres surface, so 1/4 of a tyre does not need tread on which is why some tyres can look bald.

je1791

Tony 1.6mm applies to cars and passenger vehicles up to 3500kgs.For vehicles over 3500kgs the tread depth is 1.0mm throughout a continuous band measuring at least three quarters of the breadth of the tread and round the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
OR
If the grooves of the original tread pattern did not extend beyond three quarters of the breadth of the tread, any groove which showed in the original tread pattern must have a depth of at least 1.0mm.

Tony

Quote from: je1791 on February 24, 2015, 07:24:06 PM
Tony 1.6mm applies to cars and passenger vehicles up to 3500kgs.For vehicles over 3500kgs the tread depth is 1.0mm throughout a continuous band measuring at least three quarters of the breadth of the tread and round the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
OR
If the grooves of the original tread pattern did not extend beyond three quarters of the breadth of the tread, any groove which showed in the original tread pattern must have a depth of at least 1.0mm.

Still only over 75% of the tread of the tyre

HAJ1073

Think the majority of us know the legal tyre tread depths apart from some of the maybe younger or less experienced members of the forum!! Hardly a hot topic for discussion

Ashley 60171

Quote from: HAJ1073 on February 24, 2015, 07:34:16 PM
Think the majority of us know the legal tyre tread depths apart from some of the maybe younger or less experienced members of the forum!! Hardly a hot topic for discussion

Far from tyresome reading ;) but given ive already exhausted all the puns I reckon ill shortly be treading a thin layer ;)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 24, 2015, 09:46:51 PM
Quote from: HAJ1073 on February 24, 2015, 07:34:16 PM

Far from tyresome reading ;) but given ive already exhausted all the puns I reckon ill shortly be treading a thin layer ;)

No but to me the tyre on 1631 was to me nearly illegal, i wouldn't never let the tyres on my car get anywhere near that. Surely good tyres are a must for safety reasons.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Drivers carry out a walk-around check before taking the bus out of the garage on the first trip of the day - they won't take the bus out if the tyres are not suitable.

karl724223

Friday / weekend maybe ???

Dylan4579

4803?? Broke down ON THE WAY to starting its 9 board.

Tony

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2015, 08:12:26 PM
Quote from: NXDom on February 25, 2015, 08:11:16 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on February 25, 2015, 05:31:51 PM
Tomorrow maybe ???

Confused??  :-\

It is tomorrow I am expecting this page may go mad!

The arrival of the first MMC's?

the trainbasher

Hmmm...sounds interesting!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk