News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: lauren1993 on July 09, 2014, 02:15:48 AM
Does anyone think that PE will gain Scanias within the next 5-10 years? Because other garages are likely to get new buses and replace the Omnilinks and they will be cascaded around?? Apparently 1788-1802 were rumoured to be transferring to PE in 2012 after the Olympics but the plan changed?

Its been rumoured for ages that PE would get the WA B7rles, but it's never happened, so i doubt it will get the omnidumps.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

danny

Hmm would be quite good if PE got WAs B7RLE' s. Standardise the single decker fleets in both garages. I suppose if anew order displaced emouth omnilinks or WA received new Single Deckers it isn't out of the question. Realistically as much as I like PE having double Deckers I don't see the need for them replacing all the mercs. The Dudley hills can be a harsh place for a bus  :)
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

Quote from: danny on July 09, 2014, 02:16:03 PM
Hmm would be quite good if PE got WAs B7RLE' s. Standardise the single decker fleets in both garages. I suppose if anew order displaced emouth omnilinks or WA received new Single Deckers it isn't out of the question. Realistically as much as I like PE having double Deckers I don't see the need for them replacing all the mercs. The Dudley hills can be a harsh place for a bus  :)

WA need to withdraw their remaining B10L's before they could consider cascading out any newer single deckers elsewhere.

The Mercs appear to have taken pole position on the priority list for withdrawals due to their rusting & combusting properties.....

Westy

Aah

I like the B7LRE at Walsall.

Can't we have some more of them & get rid of the Scanias?

Scania feels cramped to me! (And I catch enough of them to know! )

richie

I can see all of AG's B7rle's transferring at some point to PN

karl724223

Movement up the top yard kids ( mr editor)

Did you fart?

lauren1993

Sooner or later BY or PB will want new buses and can't see them wanting to keep the scanias for ever. That means inevitably some scanias could end up at either wb, Pe or cv?
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on July 09, 2014, 09:50:55 PM
Movement up the top yard kids ( mr editor)

Did you fart?

Excellent! So instead of "more tea vicar?" it's "movement up the top yard kids!"

Stuharris 6360

2102 on the 9 earlier
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley

Quote from: lauren1993 on July 09, 2014, 11:04:06 PM
Sooner or later BY or PB will want new buses and can't see them wanting to keep the scanias for ever. That means inevitably some scanias could end up at either wb, Pe or cv?

The omniStinks are srill pretty much new. Compared to the much older and much much better vehicles the plastic heaps have replaced over the years, BY or PB won't want rid for a long while yet. Transferring them to CV, PE or WB is just naive ideology. They're now none standard at some of those locations and never heard of at others and Nx's current policy is minimal number of vehicle types ateach garage

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on July 11, 2014, 09:33:50 PM

The omniStinks are srill pretty much new. Compared to the much older and much much better vehicles the plastic heaps have replaced over the years, BY or PB won't want rid for a long while yet. Transferring them to CV, PE or WB is just naive ideology. They're now none standard at some of those locations and never heard of at others and Nx's current policy is minimal number of vehicle types ateach garage

Which much better buses are these that the Omnilinks replaced?
Lynx? yes nice to drive, but completely rotton through poor build quality with suspension that could give anyone a bad back!
B10B? Well built buses, but one of the worst to drive due to the blow on the pedal full brake application.

The omnilinks are really good mechanically, not often a garage has more than one off the road, and very nice to drive, only fault is the doors are a bit slow. If they had a proper company building the body work they would be nice buses all round

Stuharris 6360

Tony

4199 out today on 53/289

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 12, 2014, 11:30:27 AM
2085 on the 9

And 2093 is on the 141. Left Halesowen at 13:20 going towards Merry Hill

A B7RLE,4194,4195,4200,4201 and 4807 are all on the 140/241 today if of interest to anybody

lauren1993

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2014, 10:52:28 PM
Quote from: Ashley on July 11, 2014, 09:33:50 PM

Which much better buses are these that the Omnilinks replaced?
Lynx? yes nice to drive, but completely rotton through poor build quality with suspension that could give anyone a bad back!
B10B? Well built buses, but one of the worst to drive due to the blow on the pedal full brake application.

The omnilinks are really good mechanically, not often a garage has more than one off the road, and very nice to drive, only fault is the doors are a bit slow. If they had a proper company building the body work they would be nice buses all round
Omnilinks are fantastic buses, probably the best nxwm will ever have. The other bad thing about them though, is the suspension and the weight of them and going over a large bump can cause a huge bang and is very uncomfortable. Also the back seats are far too high and can cause head injury. Still is very stupid that they didn't get more though, seeing as they break down far less often than the awful ADL buses. I have never known buses to breakdown as often as any Dennis bus. Yes Scanias may be a bit more expensive but compared to the cost of the amount of repairs and maintenance that Dennis buses need they'd save a lot of money in the long run!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk