News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 01, 2014, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 01, 2014, 08:22:13 AM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 01, 2014, 07:30:21 AM
I did see the signs when I went

And you still decided to let yourself in and have a look round and gain access to buses in the garage.....
no I didn't do that just looked from outside

Your Youtube video shows otherwise for both the reserve fleet yard & the main depot yard.

andrew1991

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2014, 06:19:25 PM
Quote from: Andrew on July 01, 2014, 08:22:13 AM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 01, 2014, 07:30:21 AM
I did see the signs when I went

And you still decided to let yourself in and have a look round and gain access to buses in the garage.....

Your Youtube video shows otherwise for both the reserve fleet yard & the main depot yard.

So does his flickr

Stuharris 6360

I just hope this incident does not jeopardize the future depot visit!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

James4368

That's because I rang Pensnett before the day happend and asked if it was okay to go to the main garage and withdrawn site and they said yes but someone of NXWM took me around
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Tony

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 01, 2014, 07:38:13 PM
That's because I rang Pensnett before the day happend and asked if it was okay to go to the main garage and withdrawn site and they said yes but someone of NXWM took me around

This was your quote just 3 hours ago
No sign of anyone watching you on those reserve fleet buses in the video. Everything in those videos is currently against the current health and safety policy so could result in action being taken against any member of staff that had done that.

There is no problem with visitors to NX property providing they
Sign in; are given a heath and safety briefing before walking around; are wearing compliant hi-vis clothing. Wearing protective shoes if going off dedicated walkways and being accompanied by a member of staff at all times. There is no way a visitor should be on reserve fleet buses with flooring panels missing which some of those clearly are.

If I visit a site other than Miller Street I am required to carry a 'Passport' which shows I have been given safety advise for that site in the last two years

James4368

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2014, 07:49:29 PM

No sign of anyone watching you on those reserve fleet buses in the video. Everything in those videos is currently against the current health and safety policy so could result in action being taken against any member of staff that had done that.

Sign in; are given a heath and safety briefing before walking around; are wearing compliant hi-vis clothing. Wearing protective shoes if going off dedicated walkways and being accompanied by a member of staff at all times. The is no way a visitr should be on reserve fleet buses with flooring panels missing which some of those clearly are.

If I visit a site other than Miller Street I am required to carry a 'Passport' which shows I have been given safety advise for that site in the last two years
Your right tony every garage I've visited ( e.g green bus) I've always bring a hi viz and sign in before going around garage
Local Bus Routes

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 01, 2014, 07:53:10 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2014, 07:49:29 PM

Sign in; are given a heath and safety briefing before walking around; are wearing compliant hi-vis clothing. Wearing protective shoes if going off dedicated walkways and being accompanied by a member of staff at all times. The is no way a visitr should be on reserve fleet buses with flooring panels missing which some of those clearly are.

Your right tony every garage I've visited ( e.g green bus) I've always bring a hi viz and sign in before going around garage

Did you go in then? You said this earlier:

James4368

Local Bus Routes

NXWM Spectra

So I don't understand why you said you didn't go inside and just looked from outside.

Stuharris 6360

A word of advice @nxwmbusfan1999, just tell the truth about what happened. Remember it won't take @Tony 5 minutes tomorrow to find out if your name is in the visitors book at Pensnett.

If you have been silly, then admit to what you have done, take the telling off, learn from it and then everyone can move on!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

I can tell you now it's not in the visitors book

James4368

I'm gonna come clean now and forget about it

I went straight to PN I did bring a hi viz and I went straight to the withdrawn site and not sign in.

I wanna apologise to members who have quoted on post and admin tony and I promise not to do it again :(
Local Bus Routes

Gareth

Just this week, we have had a very sad reminder at just how dangerous bus garages can be. They can lead to serious injury and even death.
Enjoy your hobby and keep yourself and others safe. What may seem like a good and exciting idea at the time could end up a sorry story.

James4368

Quote from: Gareth on July 01, 2014, 08:10:12 PM
Just this week, we have had a very sad reminder at just how dangerous bus garages can be. They can lead to serious injury and even death.
Enjoy your hobby and keep yourself and others safe. What may seem like a good and exciting idea at the time could end up a sorry story.
I'm gonna carry on enjoying this hobbie photographing buses/coaches , bashing on buses and meeting certain members on the forum
Local Bus Routes

richie

No you didn't

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk