News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 08:42:10 PM
Quote from: Mike K on July 06, 2013, 08:13:53 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
But why does it have to be the later 41's? Get rid of 4139 -> onwards. They were YW's anyway (4140 & 4141 etc) and the later ones are fast and smooth (Not bad brakes either). 4195 is very nice. Isn't it though 19 41/43 need to go when the E400's are driven in anger?

So we've lost 4196, 4202, 4390, 4393? So far?

None of the 65 were originally allocated to BC. The first few are ex WA, 4142 to 4161 started out at YW, the next lot were generally WN then WA, and 4180 to 4202 started out at LH. Look on the bright side Rat, 10 Y reg ones to PE should mean 10 more 43xx ones stay. I'm a big fan of the 43xx Tridents.

I know none 41xx were originally BC's, but we've become accustom to the later ones. But if 10 41's do a disappearance act, that'll still mean 9 43's are getting shipped to YW?

I always like your posts, Mike K. Always saying something worth while!

Thank you Rat. I also enjoy your 'insiders' perspective, but at the same time you say it like it is - very insightful. You certainly don't tow the party line. I fear that the remaining 7 to leave could well be 43xx ones. I think in one of your earlier posts you identified a few others that would fit nicely into the YW numbering sequence, 4358/9 and 4364-8 I think? But we can but hope.

Liverpool Street

Thanks & That's right, Mike.

I'm positive it will be the ones I've mentioned earlier, as if makes sense to tidy up the allocations. It infuriates me when they transfer just a few hither and nither. Very untidy.

It looks like it is leaning that way, with 4390 & 93 leaving to YW, but who knows me might lose some 44's!! Its been done before. Remind me, why did those 4? get transfered to CV? Then they had the bare faced cheek to paint one into Heritage! They should've done a home grown CV bus not a transferred one. But I guess 'those upstairs' just see it as a bus and does it in order of refurbishment etc.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

I read 4453 was done as the original 4453 was a Coventry bus and the EVC in the number plate would have been a Coventry plate under the old registration system.

Anyhows, back to Pensnett. I used to think of it as a bit of a freak of a garage as it started life as a minibus operation, had no double deckers, and a lot if its vehicles weren't even full size. But it's becoming pretty normal now isn't it?

Tony

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 09:03:01 PM

I'm positive it will be the ones I've mentioned earlier, as if makes sense to tidy up the allocations. It infuriates me when they transfer just a few hither and nither. Very untidy.

It looks like it is leaning that way, with 4390 & 93 leaving to YW, but who knows me might lose some 44's!! Its been done before. Remind me, why did those 4? get transfered to CV? Then they had the bare faced cheek to paint one into Heritage! They should've done a home grown CV bus not a transferred one. But I guess 'those upstairs' just see it as a bus and does it in order of refurbishment etc.

No - Those upstairs realised the registration of 4453 ended 'VC' which in the old style registrations was a traditional Coventry registration

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on July 06, 2013, 09:15:48 PM
I read 4453 was done as the original 4453 was a Coventry bus and the EVC in the number plate would have been a Coventry plate under the old registration system.

Anyhows, back to Pensnett. I used to think of it as a bit of a freak of a garage as it started life as a minibus operation, had no double deckers, and a lot if its vehicles weren't even full size. But it's becoming pretty normal now isn't it?

I was thinking the same. But still gravely undersized. They park them on the road don't they?

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 09:03:01 PM

No - Those upstairs realised the registration of 4453 ended 'VC' which in the old style registrations was a traditional Coventry registration

Still a mess in my opinion.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

I was thinking the same. But still gravely undersized. They park them on the road don't they

Its a quite secure place to park on the road though, last time i was in London went to Brixton garage during the night and there were buses parked everywhere, all down the main street and in side roads. If one was to be stolen, no one would notice i doubt!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 06, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

I was thinking the same. But still gravely undersized. They park them on the road don't they

Its a quite secure place to park on the road though, last time i was in London went to Brixton garage during the night and there were buses parked everywhere, all down the main street and in side roads. If one was to be stolen, no one would notice i doubt!!

As I understand the garage is situated in a Business Park with a security barrier to go through?

I wouldn't put anything past London.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 09:38:09 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 06, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

As I understand the garage is situated in a Business Park with a security barrier to go through?

I wouldn't put anything past London.

Yes Pensnett Industrial estate, has a number of entrances, easy to get in during the week, but at night and weekends most gates are locked and the others have security on them.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 07:50:36 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 06, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 06:55:54 PM
Haha, I better go and give my mum the letter from school  :'( (bloody hell, we need the cane back. This modern world ay Winston)

I recall one being re-engined, so it must've been 4148.

I've been told the new engines ECU are designed as such so its the slowest on pull away. In effect you can pull off with an old person in the aisle with your foot to the floor and there'll be no effect on Old Winston in the aisle.

I'm only 36 not 66  ;)

Obviously the steady pull away also helps to save fuel....

Oh sorry I thought by the way you write you were a lot older!

Yeah the low-torque pull away indeed helps with fuel. I would really like to see the raw figures as it'll make for interesting reading.

No sorry, quite a way off being a twirly yet  ;)

Trident 4609

I usually just get a 297 like me and matt did today;) I saw in the yard 825,2089 and two other B7RLE's, 554/5,4801/21/9,4196 and 1645 on the pits. Also 684/7/711 parked up still at the back

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 06, 2013, 10:13:18 PM
I usually just get a 297 like me and matt did today;) I saw in the yard 825,2089 and two other B7RLE's, 554/5,4801/21/9,4196 and 1645 on the pits. Also 684/7/711 parked up still at the back

Isn't 708 still there as well ?

Trident 4609

Oh yes 708 aswell winston ;) Thanks for reminding me :)

paulb1973

The East Lancs bodied Fleetline 4453 delivered to WMPTE (but to Coventry Transport spec) in 1974, never actually carried the Marshall red & ivory livery of-course. But the reg mark on the Trident was close enough.

Trident 4609

It will be strange to see PE routes with Dot Matrix displays like 246,141,9,140/241,120 and
and 243/4

Stuharris 6360

Nothing new at PE today,  however a load loader was parked up on the car park, is it goodbye time for the Excels?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk