News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2017, 04:50:22 PM
The 70 operates between Birmingham City Centre and Chelmsley Wood. Not Birmingham City Centre and Solihull. The Chelmsley Wood to Solihull section was withdrawn over a year ago.
It also says the 72 operates between Chelmsley Wood and Solihull via Marston Green. Though it was extended to Birmingham City Centre in 2010.
In my email it says "Walsall to Bloxwich" though they may have modified this since on their website...

Still a big mess up by TfWM / whatever they wish to be called at this time...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on January 03, 2017, 05:02:46 PM
you know where it's going same as I do

Is it the QE @karl724223 via the 99 route?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

41** on the 9

4425 on there today

windy miller

Can anyone tell me if the PN allocated wright streetdecks principally work the 9 service to/from Birmingham or are they used on other services to/from Stourbridge? Thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Trident 4609

Quote from: windy miller on January 09, 2017, 06:02:44 PM
Can anyone tell me if the PN allocated wright streetdecks principally work the 9 service to/from Birmingham or are they used on other services to/from Stourbridge? Thanks

They are usually found on the 9 on Monday-Fridays and 246 (Dudley-Stourbridge) at weekends.

karl724223

Is this a trick question

don

Here is a question for those in the know at Pensnett.

I have noticed the Wright Streetdeck style bodied Volvo Hybrids in South London seem to be unique amongst double deckers in the area in that the combined front destination panel and upper deck windscreen mists up in the current cold and damp weather and even in dark conditions with illuminated roller blinds you can't read the destination blind properly. is it possible this is a design issue in that the destination box may not be sufficiently insulated from the upper deck - has anyone noticed if the NXWM Streetdecks do this?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Trident 4194

Some drivers revving the Mmc with the handbrake on, when pulling away onto islands. Must say they go quite quick!

Have heard nx 4H will not follow diamond 4H. Don't ask for sources

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 11, 2017, 09:32:22 PM
Some drivers revving the Mmc with the handbrake on, when pulling away onto islands. Must say they go quite quick!

Not even ketchup??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

The 200s launch off the line quite quick if you give them just enough gas but not too much as it'll jump into second.

Dom

Who's your source?

Ashley 60171

don

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 11, 2017, 11:47:05 PM
Heinz! :P

Oh goodness no..... surely HP for sauce (Heinz for salad cream?)  ;D

Re my post further up re condensation/steaming up of Streetdeck destination displays, anyone noticed whether the NXWM ones do this....... Trident 4194; Karl724226?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Dom

Quote from: don on January 12, 2017, 12:25:41 AM
Re my post further up re condensation/steaming up of Streetdeck destination displays, anyone noticed whether the NXWM ones do this....... Trident 4194; Karl724226?

I personally have never seen it happen.

Btw, Heinz for ketchup, hands down!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dom on January 12, 2017, 07:42:50 AM
I personally have never seen it happen.

Btw, Heinz for ketchup, hands down!

In pictures I've seen of Streetdecks and my own sightings it isn't an issue.

(Heinz for mayo. Don't mind about ketchup)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk