News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

I was thinking about the Crimson tridents the other day whilst on board 4434. I honestly think some of these are going to end up being branded for the 246.

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on June 12, 2016, 08:03:00 PM
120 seemed to be all Tridents today - I travelled on 4352 (I think) and also saw 4319 as well as one with a LED front display.

Usually Eclipse 2s on Sunday - unless I've missed a recent memo?

There's a Trident on there today, so I'm really not sure
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 19, 2016, 02:57:11 PM
There's a Trident on there today, so I'm really not sure

Yep, the 120 was all Tridents again yesterday; I can only presume the single-decks are required elsewhere on Sundays.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

An interesting spot from this morning, 4202 on 241 displaying 241 and then in huge letters MERRY HILL, no via points. Is this just a one off or are NE now following Londons lead and forgetting about via points?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 20, 2016, 12:25:32 PM
An interesting spot from this morning, 4202 on 241 displaying 241 and then in huge letters MERRY HILL, no via points. Is this just a one off or are NE now following Londons lead and forgetting about via points?

I'd hope so, I always thought it looked better that way
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 20, 2016, 12:25:32 PM

It happens with a lot of buses. It's effectively a temporary display. The destination just needs to be reprogrammed. It happened with 2059 (Still) and 4144 for example.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 20, 2016, 12:28:01 PM
I'd hope so, I always thought it looked better that way

They're great for E workings but in general I'm a fan of the "Via" system as it gives an indication of the areas served which is were most of the passengers of a given route go anyway.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

Trevor the tow truck took 1414 for its one way ride about 1500 today

Bob

Who runs the toilets in Dudley bus station? Got off bus yesterday Bostin for a wee to find em locked with a "permanently closed' sign on them. Nice, forward thinking and considerate of passengers . Not. Lol

Dom

Quote from: Bob on June 26, 2016, 11:26:08 PM
Who runs the toilets in Dudley bus station? Got off bus yesterday Bostin for a wee to find em locked with a "permanently closed' sign on them. Nice, forward thinking and considerate of passengers . Not. Lol

Centro, and I don't see why you would want to use them! They were more considerate closing them that keeping them open!

Jack6101

Plus there is nice new ones on castle st opersite the chip shop
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

the trainbasher

I believe the bus station ones were council run, same as the market place ones.

If you use the ones on castle Street (a few doors up from council plus) be aware they shut the gates at 1640, not the advertised 1700.

Plus I believe the bus station ones never opened on a Sunday anyway, same with the new ones. Personally I use Costa or the bookmakers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Will

Quote from: Bob on June 26, 2016, 11:26:08 PM

Being a bus driver which I'm assuming you are I'm surprised you haven't got a Radar Key (disabled toilet) I've seen NX drivers in Stourbridge bus station go into the disabled loo there using a Radar Key
Stourbridge   125

Bob

Quote from: Will on June 27, 2016, 09:10:32 AM
Being a bus driver which I'm assuming you are I'm surprised you haven't got a Radar Key (disabled toilet) I've seen NX drivers in Stourbridge bus station go into the disabled loo there using a Radar Key

No I'm a passenger. 

Bob

Quote from: Dom on June 26, 2016, 11:28:23 PM
Centro, and I don't see why you would want to use them! They were more considerate closing them that keeping them open!

They weren't brilliant but handy. If they were mingling it's the councils fault for letting them get that way by look of them they weren't invested in since the 1980s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk