News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: pndriver on October 30, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
Maybe even another garage......

If any Streetdecks were ordered & went in to PN for the 9, the E400MMC's would go elsewhere due PN already having one of the lowest average fleet ages within NXWM. The Birmingham garages will be priority for the bulk of any new double deckers ordered / modern cascades being available for transfer. 

Stuharris 6360

Am a little confused, thought NE had an exclusive deal with ADL for the next few years?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

How is the  introduction of the streetdeck fit in to all the this fleet simplification excercise , cutting costs on spare parts to be Stored contradiction or what , I and many others are fed up with all the different types , fumbling about switches and controls that aren't there cause of the mixed fleet . Sometimes I get volvos on consecutive days then enviros then thinking your in a Volvo or vice versa with enviro 400. I get those days you just want contunity of vehicles to get though your duty.

On sperate note I had 4759 with its rock hard cab seat after five hours my Arse ached in agony with pain and my thigh on me right leg spasmed when I got out , being miserable would be putting it lightly.

Oh I just thought managements response would be,  your a professional driver.

MW

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2900 on October 30, 2015, 11:53:07 PM
How is the  introduction of the streetdeck fit in to all the this fleet simplification excercise , cutting costs on spare parts to be Stored contradiction or what , I and many others are fed up with all the different types , fumbling about switches and controls that aren't there cause of the mixed fleet . Sometimes I get volvos on consecutive days then enviros then thinking your in a Volvo or vice versa with enviro 400. I get those days you just want contunity of vehicles to get though your duty.

On sperate note I had 4759 with its rock hard cab seat after five hours my Arse ached in agony with pain and my thigh on me right leg spasmed when I got out , being miserable would be putting it lightly.

I love variety,  I'm bored of driving mmc's day in day out!

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 30, 2015, 11:32:55 PM
If any Streetdecks were ordered & went in to PN for the 9, the E400MMC's would go elsewhere due PN already having one of the lowest average fleet ages within NXWM. The Birmingham garages will be priority for the bulk of any new double deckers ordered / modern cascades being available for transfer.

The StreetDeck is what is known as a 'seed' vehicle where a manufacturer who wants orders in the future makes operators an offer they cannot refuse for one vehicle in the hope they like it and order more in the future. 1481 (7067), 4697 & 4698 were also 'seed' vehicles

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2015, 08:25:06 AM
The StreetDeck is what is known as a 'seed' vehicle where a manufacturer who wants orders in the future makes operators an offer they cannot refuse for one vehicle in the hope they like it and order more in the future. 1481 (7067), 4697 & 4698 were also 'seed' vehicles

Wasn't 1908 also a B7RLE seed vehicle? but built to dealer spec with Arriva, Go-Ahead & Stagecoach all having one as well.

Trident 4194

If they get more, mmcs onto 126 would be my guess. Hate Adl products

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2015, 08:25:06 AM

Is this seed vehicle a permanent one?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ronnoc

Quote from: Chris on October 31, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
Most likely, as its in NX spec and most other seed vehicles were kept.

CL

Quote from: Chris on October 31, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
I hope so...If it does appear on the 9, would make me very happy to catch it to/from school...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

S570

Quote from: Winston on October 30, 2015, 10:52:03 PM
I think all production Streetdecks have the angular front as standard, only a/the pre-production Streetdeck had the Gemini 3 front.

Fantastic...

Interesting that Wrightbus seem to be moving away from Volvo chassis, the Wright/Volvo combo always seemed popular.

Stu

Quote from: S570 on October 31, 2015, 02:35:20 PM
Fantastic...

Interesting that Wrightbus seem to be moving away from Volvo chassis, the Wright/Volvo combo always seemed popular.

It's not a case of 'moving away', more that Wrightbus are favouring their own integral buses. The Volvo Bus website still shows their chassis being offered with Wrightbus bodywork.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Quote from: Mike K on October 30, 2015, 10:44:42 PM
Is the older rounded front even available now? All recent Streetdecks seem to have the angular front, which, confusingly, also seems to be referred to as Gemini 3.

@Mike K

I'll be 100% honest and say I'm not entirely sure - the last batch I saw with the older front was a batch of Streetdecks that First Manchester had in January this year. Dublinbus though still having deliveries of the Gemini 3 with the older front, and their special slanted windscreen. It is confusing though - I must agree. Think the Gemini 3 is the name given to the Volvo chassis Wright bodied products now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk