News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2015, 04:22:46 PM
Do you know what really pi**** me of with nx drivers. Arrogance! I'm not saying all but there is a few. This morning I was planning on getting 9 to school. Two arrived I was a bit behind and the first one departed but I thought i could get the second, but no it doesn't even stop at the correct stand and departs despite me clearly standing at the stand
Hate to rain on your parade, but I think - in this context - you might have meant ignorance?  :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ARBB

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2015, 04:22:46 PM
Do you know what really pi**** me of with nx drivers. Arrogance! I'm not saying all but there is a few. This morning I was planning on getting 9 to school. Two arrived I was a bit behind and the first one departed but I thought i could get the second, but no it doesn't even stop at the correct stand and departs despite me clearly standing at the stand

I know what happened..... They saw it was you and drove off. It amazes me that if diamond Hansons or arriva do anything wrong you don't mention it. But as soon as national express do something the expletive language gets used. Im not saying you're thick but why was the first bus even mentioned ? You said yourself you wasn't at the stand. And even if the second bus was on the incorrect stand if the doors were already closed it is company policy that they're not reopened.

In the future it may be a better idea to complain to the company instead of sharing your antagonistic views on an enthusiast forum.

Trident 4194

Yes but both buses should stop at the correct stand. I would moan if it was diamond however I rarely get a diamond bus where there are two in a row. Also the same happens with the 9 in the Birmingham direction one pulls on stand other one unloads behind in the unload only bit, pulls around and leaves people cramming onto one bus

domino.99

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2015, 05:44:08 PM
Yes but both buses should stop at the correct stand. I would moan if it was diamond however I rarely get a diamond bus where there are two in a row. Also the same happens with the 9 in the Birmingham direction one pulls on stand other one unloads behind in the unload only bit, pulls around and leaves people cramming onto one bus

So what if one is late and is told to unload only and go straight through in an attempt to catch time? This is the thing you do not know so you think its arrogance on NX's part when really is ignorance on yours!

ARBB

Is that the people that don't want the bus behind ? The same people that want the same bus everyone else is catching ? The same people that still try to get on even when the driver tells them that there isn't room and the next bus is right behind ?

Instead of just looking at the vehicle why don't you pay attention to the whole situation, you'll find that most drivers have great customer service skills, thats the whole point of the customer service course that drivers have to partake in at Walsall training school.

Ashley 60171

What would be the point of making both buses pull onto the stand? Surely that would just prolong the delay further down the route if every action was done to benefit you?

You don't really portray yourself as a bus enthusiast, but more like every other thicko who pathetically whinges and whines at things they have control of themselves.

Trident 4194

Quote from: pndriver on October 13, 2015, 06:52:41 PM
Is that the people that don't want the bus behind ? The same people that want the same bus everyone else is catching ? The same people that still try to get on even when the driver tells them that there isn't room and the next bus is right behind ?

Instead of just looking at the vehicle why don't you pay attention to the whole situation, you'll find that most drivers have great customer service skills, thats the whole point of the customer service course that drivers have to partake in at Walsall training school.

I agree with you there. People do all cram onto one bus, but if one goes round without stopping they have no option

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 13, 2015, 07:18:20 PM
What would be the point of making both buses pull onto the stand? Surely that would just prolong the delay further down the route if every action was done to benefit you?

You don't really portray yourself as a bus enthusiast, but more like every other thicko who pathetically whinges and whines at things they have control of themselves.

Maybe I'm useless on this forum then, maybe I am thick and don't know anything about buses 😰

MW

On the 11. If theres more than one bus, say at Erdington for example, and if I'm behind. As soon as I've unloaded, I swing round and go. I can see if the bus in front is crammed or not. I'm not going to stop for one person when there is clearly a bus in front. If I do let one on, a whole load will come on and slow both buses down. The idea is, one bus goes ahead and clears the way for the other bus.  The only time I would wait for people to get on is when I can see the front bus has no space through it's rear window.

Liberator9

Can't see anything wrong - speeds up the process and saves having two buses running late if the one behind overtakes. Common practice which usually works very well. Most NX drivers are very good and if you put your arm out showing clear indication to board, they'll stop.

@MW

Exactly - very sensible method of operation.

domino.99

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
Maybe I'm useless on this forum then, maybe I am thick and don't know anything about buses 😰

He's not saying this. He's saying the way your pretty much throwing your toys out the pram is like the way the idiots who know nothing about buses say.

CL

@Trident 4194 - Out of interest, was this on Colmore Row, around 0800? I did see two MMCs parked up at the 9 stop - one in service, and the other turned off - even then, I saw a crowd of school pupils huddling around the bus. 6114, IIRC - couldn't see, was trying to catch up to my bus at the end of Colmore Row. How I loathe the stop changes... ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Real 4778

The Pensnett thread always seems to harbour this school playground mentality, for whatever reason. 

I suppose if anything, forum interaction will tend to moderate behaviour towards more mature and enlightened attitudes anyway. 
Don't you start.

karl724223

A nice line up of mercs in pensnett playground

Tara4352

Quote from: karl724223 on October 15, 2015, 05:23:09 PM
A nice line up of mercs in pensnett playground
are they still front facing the fence

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk