News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2015, 07:50:00 PM
Pensnett were the first!
Hehe indeed, I should have said except the 9.

MW

Weirdly, I was receiving General Callouts for Pensnett Garage (re: the 9 and changing unbranded buses for branded ones) today. I was on AG2210 lol. I did respond to it saying why am I hearing these lol, any PE drivers on here might have heard!

richie

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2015, 03:11:01 PM
At least 2 mercs on 243/244

1704 was in colmore row around 12 today........

ARBB

Quote from: MW on July 23, 2015, 08:22:52 PM
Weirdly, I was receiving General Callouts for Pensnett Garage (re: the 9 and changing unbranded buses for branded ones) today. I was on AG2210 lol. I did respond to it saying why am I hearing these lol, any PE drivers on here might have heard!

Was it you that responded to the 120 diversion too ?

MW

Quote from: pndriver on July 23, 2015, 11:17:16 PM
Was it you that responded to the 120 diversion too ?

Yup.

I was getting just PE messages, not even my own garage. (How I know is AG engineers send out the same message everyday)

Mercedes1665

I need some help on getting a pensnett garage visit how do I get a visit I do know quite a few drivers from the pensnett garage but can't always find them any pensnett drivers on the forum please help
Will miss 1515-1743, Volvo B6LE, Dennis darts, spectras and the Volvo B10s

Westy

Going back to the radio messages, back in the PTE days, I had a school friend whose dad worked out of Walsall & I remember having a sneaky look at his faretable folder, which also contained details of the destination blinds plus I remember something about North Division (as was) being on one channel, South Division being on another channel, with Coventry being on another channel.

Guess that was down to transmitting conditions at the time.

With the advances of time & technology, would I be correct in thinking that current radios used would broadcast all messages, irrespective of depot/area?

Going back to the 'old' system, for services that worked cross area, eg services from Black Country into Birmingham, did drivers stay on the North Division channel as far as they technically could into South Division territory, or were they required to change channels at a certain point on route, eg Bearwood or Scott Arms?

Was there any anolomies resulting?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2015, 12:06:44 PM
Going back to the radio messages, back in the PTE days, I had a school friend whose dad worked out of Walsall & I remember having a sneaky look at his faretable folder, which also contained details of the destination blinds plus I remember something about North Division (as was) being on one channel, South Division being on another channel, with Coventry being on another channel.

Guess that was down to transmitting conditions at the time.

With the advances of time & technology, would I be correct in thinking that current radios used would broadcast all messages, irrespective of depot/area?

Going back to the 'old' system, for services that worked cross area, eg services from Black Country into Birmingham, did drivers stay on the North Division channel as far as they technically could into South Division territory, or were they required to change channels at a certain point on route, eg Bearwood or Scott Arms?

Was there any anolomies resulting?

My one memory was 6360s radio number, A481.

To be honest i don't remember radios being used an awful lot back in those days, certainly now they get an awful lot more use.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2015, 12:06:44 PM

I presume every garage has there own channel.
When the garage sends a radio message out, so AG for example, it'll go to all AG buses.

When AVL sends out a message, they can either send it to specific garages, I.e. AG & YW services 2, 3, 5 & 31 (like the other day)

OR

send out a General callout to all buses. This is usually for missing persons, or say something happens in Birmingham City Centre.

All based on my observations.

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 24, 2015, 12:36:05 PM
My one memory was 6360s radio number, A481.

To be honest i don't remember radios being used an awful lot back in those days, certainly now they get an awful lot more use.
we had proper inspectors who knew how to do the job then not the clowns we got now
@979 you been trained properly by Eric

Trident 4609

@nxwmbusfan1999 Mercs are not noteworthy on the 244. Several appear most days according to posts on here....

Every garage has its own channel.
I preferred the old radio system at least it was clear, this new what a pile of crap interference like you wouldn't believe , AVL gave out 3 phone numbers for drivers to use which I did rather than use the radio, now I,ve seen a notice in the garage saying don't phone us unless your radio system is down.

Trident 4194

Yes I live on the 244 route and there are at least 2 each day, stupid considering it's meant to be an e200 route, but I don't mind a few mercs

Tara4352

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 25, 2015, 11:13:41 AM
Yes I live on the 244 route and there are at least 2 each day, stupid considering it's meant to be an e200 route, but I don't mind a few mercs
869 is on the 222 and explains 1640 on 243/4

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 25, 2015, 11:13:41 AM

I've seen atleast 3-4 today on there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk