News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

Whats the point though?! I love buses but I'd never go around lying to people saying I drove them, it just doesn't do or prove anything...

Sh4318

Who do we care about this person?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

I'm past caring now; now all his posts have gone from my WMBU Facebook page, either he's deleted them all, or his account has been deleted by Facebook for being an imposter.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Shortly after I posted that, all his posts reappeared on my Facebook page again.

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to try and fiendishly catch him out, without blatantly denouncing him as an imposter.

In the meantime, is it common practice at National Express for depots to 'text' their drivers informing them what routes they will be driving?

And are any of our BC drivers aware of a young driver recently transferring from Pensnett to join them?

Sorry if this seems trivial to some, but as admin of that Facebook page, while I welcome contributions from people who use buses, as well as people who genuinely work for bus operators (though I appreciate the 'inside-information' they provide can be limited, due to 'commercially-sensitive' restrictions), I would hate for my page to become a haven for imposters who claim to be drivers giving out false and misleading information, and to have to start banning members without very good reason.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on June 03, 2013, 07:54:24 PM
Shortly after I posted that, all his posts reappeared on my Facebook page again.

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to try and fiendishly catch him out, without blatantly denouncing him as an imposter.

In the meantime, is it common practice at National Express for depots to 'text' their drivers informing them what routes they will be driving?

And are any of our BC drivers aware of a young driver recently transferring from Pensnett to join them?

Sorry if this seems trivial to some, but as admin of that Facebook page, while I welcome contributions from people who use buses, as well as people who genuinely work for bus operators (though I appreciate the 'inside-information' they provide can be limited, due to 'commercially-sensitive' restrictions), I would hate for my page to become a haven for imposters who claim to be drivers giving out false and misleading information, and to have to start banning members without very good reason.

I am not a driver and wouldn't pretend to be, but surely garages wouldn't text their drivers telling them their duties, because

a. It would be expensive

b. text messages can sometimes be unreliable. What if the driver doesn't get the message because the network is unreliable or someone inputs the wrong number.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Can we stop talking about him in this thread now, or start a new thread for it! He doesn't have anything to do with Pensnett Garage. ;)

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 03, 2013, 08:03:12 PM
Can we stop talking about him in this thread now, or start a new thread for it! He doesn't have anything to do with Pensnett Garage. ;)

I don't get why people keep bringing the subject up ::) We know that he doesn't drive buses!

Stuharris 6360

Any news on 555 yet, or is it , putting it in old railway terminology, on decision?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 03, 2013, 08:23:06 PM
Any news on 555 yet, or is it , putting it in old railway terminology, on decision?

There weren't any B6 parked out in the yard today, one was on the lifts parked rear end in (furthest most bay from the road), I assume that was 555?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on June 03, 2013, 10:12:27 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 03, 2013, 08:23:06 PM

There weren't any B6 parked out in the yard today, one was on the lifts parked rear end in (furthest most bay from the road), I assume that was 555?

Doesn't surprise me, the daytime vehicle requirement of the 243/4 is 9 I think so most of the B6s will be on there and with 582 on the 222, shouldn't be any in the yard. Is 508 back in service then?

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 03, 2013, 10:15:48 PM
Is 508 back in service then?

I'm sure someone has said it is

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on June 03, 2013, 10:16:46 PM

I wonder if the burns are still visible on the rear?

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 03, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

Knowing Pensnett Garage Yes ;)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 03, 2013, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 03, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

Knowing Pensnett Garage Yes ;)

What you trying to say about my garage? >:( ;) ;)

Trident 4609

Only Joking Matt, I will presume there are no burn marks visible plus it was a pretty minor fire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk