News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@lauren1993

Agreed with all that. The Omnilinks are excellent buses - I have ever only seen one breakdown on the 6; and they still sound healthy. This is in comparison to the equivalent age Optare Solo SRs on my route, which all sound worse and the suspension is questionable on one or two, and there is black gaffer tape holding the back brake lights on! The Scanias in comparison still look very good and are comfortable for the driver - I once heard one driver on the 76 complaining about the Trident and commenting to his mate how he wished he had the Scania. The Scania suspension has always struck me as "odd" - at times they ride excellently on par with a Citaro. At some other times the suspension is shaky - there seems to be aftershocks after going into the bumps - don't know if that is just the suspension needs attention, or the tyres need attention. Perhaps someone on here knows? The Scanias do readjust the suspension automatically according to weight and road gradient (I think) - perhaps the body is too high at times and they bang into the bumps. The only downside of the Scanias is the rather grey interior although the Johnsons ones are much brighter.

Basically if the suspension was Mercedes Citaro style and the passenger interior had the better panels (like the Citaros) the Scanias would be perfect.

Trident 4609

If anybody can tell me which buses are on the 140/241 then i would be grateful :)

karl724223

Pvs tow truck up top yard

karl724223

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Has anyone else seen 4199, is it me or is the shade of red slightly darker than other repaints?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Anyone else noticed MOJ on the X96 today?   (1743)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

824 is on the 297A today (Final day before the service changes)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/trident_4609/14690576795/

the trainbasher

Having just seen the new displays, they look quite similar to the superx version that 2102 had. I think I prefer the style central have on their enviros

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

I'm assuming a couple of Mercs might be withdrawn at PN this week? with both the 205 & 297 now curtailed from today.

Solo1

205 & 297 have been replaced by extended 127 & 141 so if the merc's
r to be withdrawn Whete will the deckers come from

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on July 20, 2014, 01:15:51 PM
205 & 297 have been replaced by extended 127 & 141 so if the merc's
r to be withdrawn Whete will the deckers come from

There will be buses made redundant from the 205 as the Dudley -Blackheath section will now be worked by WB was an extension of their 127. Some of the  297 is replaced by an extended 241. As the 140, 141 & 241 all now interwork the total number of buses required may now have reduced?

andrew1991

The new dot matrix destination for the 241 has different sized numbers

karl724223

Trident sorry not in service looks better

s94

I quite like the new displays - seemed to have been more B7's on the 276 today than usual and the number looked good in the new font.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk