News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 11, 2013, 05:42:00 PM
Saying that, how long has Vernon Road been closed for? Maybe BC's driver didn't know the diversion or something. Or BC only run mornings. I thought Pensnett ran 2 afternoon 829's and BC delivers the third. Not forgetting TGB's contributions.

Anyway, to get back to the original post;

Matt, please report that as it is entirely dangerous and serious breech of health and safety. But remember on modern buses they take a decent standing load. (Even though you couldn't physically fit that volume of people on the lower saloon...)

Well I wish I had taken a photo of 4803 for evidence I really do, there were kids standing practically the full length of the top deck (now this is outlawed isn't it?) with a huddle of standees along the bottom deck with the usual huddle by the stairs now I will admit it is the start of term and it was raining but who should I email etc.. PE depot?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 11, 2013, 07:06:21 PM
Saying that, how long has Vernon Road been closed for? Maybe BC's driver didn't know the diversion or something. Or BC only run mornings. I thought Pensnett ran 2 afternoon 829's and BC delivers the third. Not forgetting TGB's contributions.

Matt, please report that as it is entirely dangerous and serious breech of health and safety. But remember on modern buses they take a decent standing load. (Even though you couldn't physically fit that volume of people on the lower saloon...)

Well I wish I had taken a photo of 4803 for evidence I really do, there were kids standing practically the full length of the top deck (now this is outlawed isn't it?) with a huddle of standees along the bottom deck with the usual huddle by the stairs now I will admit it is the start of term and it was raining but who should I email etc.. PE depot?

Could be best to go via the comment page on www.nxbus.co.uk

It does need reporting though. Not only that, its children as well which sort of makes it worse. (Any over-loadings can result in serious penalties from the TC)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 11, 2013, 07:39:41 PM

It does need reporting though. Not only that, its children as well which sort of makes it worse. (Any over-loadings can result in serious penalties from the TC)

Mention it to Simon on his page!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 11, 2013, 08:22:59 PM

I'd recommend going through the correct channels as it saves by-passing persons who could deal with it equally well.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 11, 2013, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 11, 2013, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 11, 2013, 03:38:51 PM
After just seeing the three 829 services on there way into Brum I was really quite concerned, all buses were full beyond capacity with 3 children per two seats and children standing upstairs on 4803 and 4822 and not to mention 2086 where it was hard to identify where one child stopped and another started surely this needs to be looked at as if any accident was to happen it would be awful, if PE can't spare the three deckers needed at the very least surely a WB 82 could be used from Bearwood.

What about BC's 829? That still runs surely?

That is only in the morning I believe, hence why you get the BC runnings on the 9 in the morning but not the afternoon

What time is the BC 9 Journey
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 11, 2013, 08:49:52 PM
After just seeing the three 829 services on there way into Brum I was really quite concerned, all buses were full beyond capacity with 3 children per two seats and children standing upstairs on 4803 and 4822 and not to mention 2086 where it was hard to identify where one child stopped and another started surely this needs to be looked at as if any accident was to happen it would be awful, if PE can't spare the three deckers needed at the very least surely a WB 82 could be used from Bearwood.

That is only in the morning I believe, hence why you get the BC runnings on the 9 in the morning but not the afternoon

They do 2 journeys between Halesowen & Birmingham between 07:00 and 07:30.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Nathan4775

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 11, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 11, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

They do 2 journeys between Halesowen & Birmingham between 07:00 and 07:30.

I know its been answered serval times I do apologise
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

karl724223

Doubt buses were overloaded like you say the head teacher counts the kids on

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 11, 2013, 08:47:00 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 11, 2013, 08:22:59 PM

I'd recommend going through the correct channels as it saves by-passing persons who could deal with it equally well.

The only reason i said mention it to Simon was, there is a problem between Halesowen & Stourbridge in the afternoon and several times i have contacted NX and they say they have passed my email to the Route Manager and nothing has been done because quite frankly i feel they just file my email in the trash folder, i mentioned it to Simon last week, with a possible solution, and he says he will see what he can get done.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: karl724223 on September 11, 2013, 09:00:23 PM
Doubt buses were overloaded like you say the head teacher counts the kids on

I knew I should have got a photo and fear this would be a response I got from sending out any emails officially, at least two out of the three buses on the 829 in my eyes looked quite clearly filled to a point that was unsafe, standing right to the back of a B7RLE, two three wide, and standing right to the back on the top deck of an Enviro 400, right to where the fan is above the rearmost bench, unfortunately I won't be able to get back out tomorrow or Friday to look further but will be out either Monday or Wednesday next week and if the situation in my eyes doesn't look improved from today then I will take a photo and make contact,

I'm really not trying to cause a problem, I like to think I very rarely complain about anything to be honest, and think we have one of the very best bus operators in the country and applaud the hard work day in day out bus drivers, mechanics, inspectors put in, but to me, today, those three buses did not look safe and I just thought it worth pointing out to see if anything could be done, because I'm sure the kids probably don't like being squashed up like that, and if it was full price, fare paying city workers travelling like that they would probably all start to jump back in their cars

Trident 4609

According to Matt (If he is accurate which he most likley is) 825 is still out on the 141.

9PM from Birmingham,10PM from Merry Hill,11PM from Brum

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on September 12, 2013, 10:23:19 PM
According to Matt (If he is accurate which he most likley is) 825 is still out on the 141.

9PM from Birmingham,10PM from Merry Hill,11PM from Brum

Yep, I was correct, rode it this evening

Stuharris 6360

4202 is back at PE, Just seen n parked in dead box!

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 13, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Are you sure this time  :P

I wonder if it has been having some mechanical work done over & above the usual refurb

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on September 13, 2013, 11:20:12 AM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 13, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Are you sure this time  :P

I wonder if it has been having some mechanical work done over & above the usual refurb

Definitely,was parked in the dead box roughly where 1645 was parked when it was off the road for a while.

Paint finish is excellent, makes me suspect it not been to Walsall as it's been gone to long!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk