News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: bususer12 on September 07, 2013, 06:25:57 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2013/09/06/two-injured-after-halesowen-crash/

No.9?

I wonder? Was this the reason that 4813 was parked at the very back of PE garage yesterday facing the wall???

I wondered as the doors were open why the drivers security screen appeared to be missing?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

bususer12

I think i caught 4813 on the 140 peak board yesterday at 17.30ish, not 100% though.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: bususer12 on September 07, 2013, 09:16:40 PM
I think i caught 4813 on the 140 peak board yesterday at 17.30ish, not 100% though.

If it was 4813 then all it needed presumably was a check over and the security screen replacing, so could well have run the peak 140 board.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 07, 2013, 09:22:04 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on September 07, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

If it was 4813 then all it needed presumably was a check over and the security screen replacing, so could well have run the peak 140 board.

I mean it may not have been 4813, it just caught my attention because it was parked away from all the other buses, facing the wall at the back of the garage, just where the B6s had been parked prior to transfer/withdrawl. You couldn't see the front, but the doors had been left open & it was obvious the security screen was missing.

karl724223

When I saw 4813 at garage late Friday it needed a new windscreen

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on September 07, 2013, 09:56:27 PM
When I saw 4813 at garage late Friday it needed a new windscreen

Thanks Karl, think we now know the answer to the question of the accident.

nitromatt1

Thank God nothing worse happened especially as it was my 4813 involved!

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 07, 2013, 11:03:38 PM
Thank God nothing worse happened especially as it was my 4813 involved!

I guess just a new windscreen and security screen and its ready to go. Anyone know if the accident was caused by the driver or pedestrian?

nitromatt1

The loadings just from Colmore Row on the 15:00 9 this afternoon completely filled the bus, literally packed downstairs and pretty much every seat taken upstairs as well. By the Ivy Bush there were about 10 standees as well. Must've been around 80 people on that bus, never seen a bus so busy on a Sunday, even routes like the 16 and 126.

The running times on the 9 on a Sunday are ridiculous and a driver has to put their foot down just to stand a chance of staying on time, even then 5 minutes late out of the city centre is the best you can hope for. So when you're stopping every stop... surely this emphasises the need for more buses on the 9 on a Sunday?!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 08, 2013, 04:01:37 PM
The loadings just from Colmore Row on the 15:00 9 this afternoon completely filled the bus, literally packed downstairs and pretty much every seat taken upstairs as well. By the Ivy Bush there were about 10 standees as well. Must've been around 80 people on that bus, never seen a bus so busy on a Sunday, even routes like the 16 and 126.

The running times on the 9 on a Sunday are ridiculous and a driver has to put their foot down just to stand a chance of staying on time, even then 5 minutes late out of the city centre is the best you can hope for. So when you're stopping every stop... surely this emphasises the need for more buses on the 9 on a Sunday?!

Or proper running times? Maybe the bus in front left early to just to get a chance of being on time by the end?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Could be something to do with the Birmingham to Stourbridge train line being closed down and having heavy delays today due to signalling issues and NX are taking any train tickets that would cover that journey

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 08, 2013, 04:56:08 PM
Could be something to do with the Birmingham to Stourbridge train line being closed down and having heavy delays today due to signalling issues and NX are taking any train tickets that would cover that journey

I was sat on the front seats though and most people used travelcards/bus tickets or money, only saw a few rail tickets

bususer12

Tell simon that the running times on Sundays and if you can time a few journies. I think we may eventually see realistic running times for Sunday services, as the routes serving shopping areas like Birmingham or Merry Hill need this

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bususer12 on September 08, 2013, 07:05:37 PM
Tell simon that the running times on Sundays and if you can time a few journies. I think we may eventually see realistic running times for Sunday services, as the routes serving shopping areas like Birmingham or Merry Hill need this

HERE HERE!!!!

SUNDAYS ARE TOO BUSY FOR 1980 TIMETABLES!!! FFS
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 08, 2013, 07:19:50 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on September 08, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

HERE HERE!!!!

SUNDAYS ARE TOO BUSY FOR 1980 TIMETABLES!!! FFS

Surely some routes that don't currently operate on a Sunday, should at least have a Sunday daytime service?

The Walsall 77 is a good example & even a Walsall councillor has subsidised out of his own pocket until Christmas, a Sunday daytime service on the Walsall 35.

Is there any other routes that could operate at least Sunday daytime that currently do not?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk